6.5

Danielle -October 2018

Band was brutal. Sometimes I wish I never decided to do music as a major. I didn't realize how stressful it would be. And I thought Monarch was bad while learning music. My mind has been everywhere, and I've been so stressed out and always in a bad mood. I sometimes just vent to Trayce because he's the first person I think of in these types of situations, and he calms me down.

But speaking of, Trayce has been acting kind of weird lately. I can tell by the tone of his voice. He usually has a happy tone whenever I talk to him, but now he seems short and distant with me. Every time I talk to him about my day, he seems less and less interested. I don't know why he's being distant with me. I don't think I've done anything wrong.

I plopped down on my bed as Chewy met me up here. I grabbed my phone and clicked on his name, as his face appeared on my screen.

"Hi." He smiled.

"How are you?"

"Eh. Back's been nagging me today. But on the bright side, Dodgers won last night! We're steps away from entering the playoffs! How was your day?"

"Really?! Yay that makes me so happy! I hope y'all make it to the World Series. I have faith. But today was an eh day."

"Let me guess... band was bad today?"

"What's up with the tone all of a sudden?"

"Tone? What are you talking about?" He made a confused face.

"Every time I talk to you, you always seem not interested. Like you don't care as much as you did. And now you have an attitude."

"Well, I mean you've been calling me everyday for a week now about how bad band was. Hearing the same thing for a week straight is kinda the same after a while."

"I don't know... it just seems like you don't have enough time for me. My calls with you are short now, when they used to be 3... 4 hours long."

"Because Danielle, I'm tired! I have physical therapy regularly now, and I'm always in pain. Some days I can barely function. I have enough on my plate as it is, trying to recover." His voice raised up to a higher tone.

"So what are you trying to say? That you don't want to talk to me anymore?"

"No, that's not at all what I said. What I'm saying is that after days where I'm battling my back issue, and on top of hearing about band everyday, I just don't need that extra stress on me."

"Extra stress? What do you mean?"

"Like I said. It's too much to handle for me right now."

"I didn't do anything wrong! You're making me feel like it's all my fault."

"I never said it was your fault. All I'm saying is that—"

"The reason I talk to you everyday is because you're the only one that can calm me down. Like I feel better once I talk to you."

"But your mood sometimes I feel like you take it out on me, when all I do is listen. You're not listening to what I'm saying, Danielle." He huffed.

"Are you kidding me right now? You really think I take it out on you? Are you serious? You know what, I gotta go. I've got an essay I have to write."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I threw my phone against the bed, so hard that I woke Chewy up from his peaceful slumber.

"Sorry, buddy. You can go back to sleep now."

He looked at me, and laid his head back down and went back to sleep.

I don't understand why Trayce is making it feel like it's my fault. I'm the type of person to vent whenever I'm mad or upset about something. He's taking something, and making it a bigger deal than it should be. We haven't fought like this since July, when he first injured his back.

I glanced at my alarm clock, and it was 10 to 9. I've never gone to bed this early before, but I'm too mad to do anything else. I turned off my lights and angrily tugged at my covers to try to go to sleep.

Never go to bed angry.

------------

Trayce -October 2018

"So y'all got into a fight the other day?" Corey asked as he grabbed his bat from the cubbies where they're located.

"Yeah. I told her about how the whole band thing was getting old, and that I don't need that extra stress and she got mad and hung up on me."

"What did she say?"

"Well, she felt as if I were blaming her for everything, which I'm not. Just with my back and everything, it's just adding to it. You know, some days I come back from PT and I'm completely wiped out, and just want to go straight to bed."

"So she feels as if you don't have as much time for her as you did?"

"Exactly. That's exactly what she said too."

"When's the last time you've talked to her?"

"That night. I've been trying to call her and text her, but she's been ignoring me."

"Well, maybe a few days will help the both of you cool off. That's what happens whenever Mady and I get into a fight."

"Yeah, exactly." I groaned as I felt a sharp pain come from my back. "I just wish the pain would go away!"

"It'll get better, man."

I sure hope. 

AN: Y'all things are getting icy! Things are about to change soon... stay tuned <3