1.4

Danielle -April 2018

We've been texting each other for the past few weeks now. We've been going out, whether to lunch, the beach, or the movies. I have this feeling I've never had with anyone else. He makes me honestly feel 'in love', or whatever you want to call it. Everytime I see his name on my screen, my heart skips a few beats. He makes me feel special...

"What do you have planned with Trayce on this Friday?" Sarah asked, still making eggs.

"Girl, I'm going out and buying us breakfast. If I see another egg in sight, I'm going to vomit."

"You gotta do what you gotta do to put food on the table." She laughed. "You didn't answer my question though."

"I don't know." I said. "Maybe go to the beach or something. I don't know."

"Mmh." She said and gave me a look.

"I really don't know! I haven't talked to him today."

Just then, my phone buzzed.

"Oh, speak of the devil." She said. 

Trayce T, 5:41 pm
Hey, I made reservations for dinner tonight. Do you mind joining me?

I smiled and texted him back. Reservations... wow.

Danielle, 5:41 pm

Yeah of course! I would love to.

Trayce T, 5:41 pm
Cool! I'll meet you at your place around 7?

Danielle, 5:42 pm
Sounds like a plan! See you then!

I put my phone down on the counter, and smiled.

"I know that look. It's the 'I think I'm in love' look."

"I don't know, Sarah. I've been lied to and hurt in the past. I don't want to be led on like the others did to me. I always do this to myself. I always fall too fast and get hurt. I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I just want to take things slow, and enjoy my vacation." 

"You've got to move on from that though. Don't just dwell on the past. I know your heart got broken a few times, but that can't stop you from venturing out and trying again."

"I mean, you haven't been hurt or used 18 other times either. It seems like nothing works for me." I teared up a little and sighed.

"Well, maybe he's different." She said as she rubbed my shoulder.

"I want to believe that, but how do I know that he won't take advantage of me?"

"You just gotta trust him. Okay? Don't waste anymore tears on dumb guys. Now, relax, breathe, and get ready for your dinner. Go with an open mind, okay? I love you so much."

I smiled. I live for her pep talks. "I love you too."

She gave me a hug. "Go get dolled up for your date with the Hottie. He must be the shit if he made reservations."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes before going upstairs to get ready. I picked out a white and navy blue over the shoulder top, with some high waisted blue jeans and nude shoes, and straightened my medium-length layered hair.