1.5

Trayce -April 2018

Shit. I really messed up. I was this close. I slammed my bat on the ball, taking all of my frustrations out.

"Bro, what happened?" Corey asked.

"I took her out for dinner." I grunted as I hit another fastball. "And after we walked to the pier and I told her how I felt about her, and I told her and I leaned in and she leaned in, but she pulled back."

Everyone was silent.

"I don't understand what I did. Things were going great." 

"Don't rush into it, man. Even though I know how much you really care about her. I mean I can see it in your eyes. She may not be ready just yet." Joc said, putting a hand on my shoulder. "She didn't curve you. She's just not ready yet. Give her time. She'll be back."

I nodded and went back to practice. After it was over, her face was all on my mind. I tried to listen to Joc's advice and give her time. But I really need to talk to her.

I grabbed my phone from my duffle bag and sent her a message.

Trayce, 4:09 pm
Can we talk?

No response.

Trayce, 4:11 pm
I'm so sorry if I did anything to you.

No response.

Trayce, 4:14 pm

Please? I really need to talk to you.

Please baby girl, let me explain to you. Let me show you.

-----------

Danielle -April 2018

"What do you mean you pulled back?" Sarah asked, taking a bite of the chicken parmesan I brought home.

"He leaned in and I leaned in, and I had to pull back. It just didn't feel right."

"What did I say about letting those thoughts go?"

"I tried, but like I said there's a stereotype with athletes." I said as a tear fell down my face. "I'm just scared... Great, I just ruined my chances with him. This is a great way to start off summer."

Trayce texted me all last night and this morning. I haven't even looked at them. I just can't.

Trayce T, 4:09 pm
Can we talk?

Trayce T, 4:11 pm
I'm so sorry if I did anything. 

Trayce T, 4:14
Please? I really need to talk to you.

I read them all, and locked my phone and put my phone on my nightstand. I feel bad for ignoring him like that, but I can't let him get to me like this. I can't let him in that soon.

"Babe, you need to talk to him. Just to smooth things out. He's worried about you." Sarah said as she saw me read the messages.

"I know, I know."

I went all day without talking to him. It was 6 in the evening now. Still haven't talked to him.