4.8

Danielle -July 2018

To celebrate the last few weeks of my vacation before I go back to Colorado, Mama Julie wanted to take me out and have a little girls day out, so I met her at a local restaurant in Orange County.

"Hi! How are you?" She asked as she got up from the table to give me a hug.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm wonderful, thank you."

She handed me a menu.

"What's good here? Everything looks amazing."

"I usually get the avocado and strawberry salad. It's to die for."

"That sounds amazing."

"So how is everything? Summer's gonna be over in a few more weeks. When do you go back?"

"In a few weeks. As much as I don't want to, I have to. Education is important."

"Yes it is. Very." She said as she sipped her iced tea. "What do you do again?"

"I'm planning to be a professional musician, like perform for professional symphonies." I smiled.

"Oh, that's right! I'm sorry, I'm running a little slow today."

"No worries." I chuckled.

"I don't mean to intervene in your relationship, but Klay told me about Trayce, and how you two got in a fight."

"Yeah..." I sighed.

"What happened?"

"Well, you know how stubborn men are when it comes to going to the doctor..."

"Girl, tell me about it."

I chuckled. "But he was in a lot of pain and I kept telling him to go to the doctor. He insisted it was fine and he didn't need to. But we're good though, we figured it all out."

"Well, I'm glad. He's always been stubborn, and a little mouthy." She admitted, causing me to chuckle.

"Well... you're not wrong." I chuckled.

She smiled. "I think he found some competition though. Someone that'll put him in his place."

"You got that right."

"Can I ask you something? I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but why Trayce? What did you see in him?"