1.7

Trayce -April 2018

"Where else did you want to go?"

"Hmm..." She thought.

"Santa Monica Pier, or Universal City Walk...?"

"Oooh! Universal!" She squealed with excitement as she hopped in the passenger seat. I love her cute squeals.

"Hang on!" I said as I gripped the wheel and stepped on the gas.

We drove to Universal and shopped around. It was dark now, and the lights from the attraction lit up the area.

I took her to a burger place that was really good. Nice place to tell someone how they really feel. 

"Wow, look at these lights. They're beautiful!" She said in awe as she looked around to view the lights in the pitch black sky.

Neon green, pink, blue, green and orange lights illuminated the area. Upbeat jazz music from the restaurant was playing, followed by other music from other restaurants and places.

We sat in the outside dining area, with all the lights surrounding us. "It's literally like Christmas time. It's so pretty."

"Christmas in downtown Orange County is beautiful." I smiled as he sipped I my drink. 

She smiled and looked up at the lights again. The brightness bounced off her eyes, making them more beautiful.

"How's your burger?"

She looked back down at me. "Delicious. Best food I've ever had. Hands down."

I chuckled. "Well good. I was hoping you'd like it."

"Thank you." She smiled as she hiccuped. It was a high pitched hiccup. "Fuck, I've got the hiccups."

"That was so cute. It sounds so innocent." I chuckled.

"Thank you." She giggled as she hiccuped again. "Okay, I think I'm good." She waited a while to see if they were gone. 

She hiccuped again.

"Damn it."

I chuckled. 

This is my chance. She feels more comfortable with me, and I want to do something before summer is over.

-----------

Danielle -April 2018

We walked around and shopped, and admired this gorgeous night. We stopped by the pier to admire the stars and the moon. The area was surrounded by faint crickets and the music from the different restaurants.

I really have something I need to tell him, but I can't. I really hope he feels the same way as I do...

"Ah." He said, leaning on the railing, looking at the sky. "This is nice. Under the stars, here with this cutie right next to me."

I didn't say anything, but looked up at him and smiled.

"You okay?" He asked as he looked at me. "You know the last time we were at the pier, it didn't go that well." He chuckled nervously.

I looked at his lips, then at his eyes. My mind raced with these thoughts. My stomach was filled with butterflies. I was shaking and my palms were sweating.

"Are you—"

I cut him off as I grabbed his face as my lips crashed onto his. A feeling of excitement and adrenaline rushed over me. The butterflies in my stomach grew intense, but changed into a warm and fuzzy feeling.

He pulled back and a smile grew on his face.

"I've wanted to do that ever since the day you told me you wanted to kiss me." I admitted, lightly biting the left side of my lip while staring into his eyes.

"What was stopping you?" He smirked as he leaned in again. This time, the feeling was mutual.

He placed his hands on my hips and gently pulled me closer and softly placed his lips on mine. Sparks flew across my body.

"I have to ask you something." He said with a serious tone. "Will you be my girlfriend...?"

I nodded and bit my lip as I placed his arms around his neck. "Of course."

He smiled. "So is this an official date? Not as friends...?"

I smiled and nodded again. 

I think I finally found the one, that'll treat me right.

We walked back towards the restaurants and the main attractions, and noticed music in the distance.

"Hey look! A live band!" He said. "C'mon! Let's go dancing!" He grabbed my arm and dragged me to where the band was, and we danced the night away, officially as a couple. April 25 to be exact.