4.3

Trayce -July 2018

"You good, buddy?" Joc asked as he nudged me with his arm.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Just thinking, and worried. Danielle and I have been arguing the past few days now about my back. She keeps telling me to go get it checked out, but you know how much baseball means to me. I'd do anything to keep playing. And now that it feels worse than it did, I'm afraid that the doctor will tell me that the season is over for me. I mean I'm already on the DL because of how bad it's gotten."

"How bad have the arguments gotten?"

"I mean they've gotten worse..." I said as I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

"Speaking of." Corey chuckled.

"Hey babe." I smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm good! Just calling just because. Sarah left for a while and I'm stuck in the house bored. What are you doing?"

"Oh nothing, just sitting here in the locker room with Corey, hanging out."

"That's cool. Has your back gotten any better?"

"Yeah, a little bit." I lied. "I actually had the doctor here at the facility check it out. They gave me some pain meds, and I should be good to go."

"That's awesome! Oh, I'm so happy."

"Yeah, you and me both..."

"Okay, I'll let y'all get back to whatever you were doing. I love you."

"Love you too, baby.""Did you really go get it checked out?"

"No. I just told her that so she would stop nagging about it. I have enough on my plate as it is."

"That's a bad idea." He warned. 

"I wouldn't lie to her. She's gonna find out somehow, and she's gonna be really pissed when she does."

"It's not lying, it's just stretching the truth. I'll tell her when the time is right. I'll explain everything, and it won't be bad."

"She's not nagging. Give her some credit, Trayce. She's beyond worried about you. The least you can do is give an explanation."

"And I'm going to."

"Just be careful." He said as he patted me on the shoulder.