3.3

Trayce -June 2018

I arrived back in California a few days after. The trip wasn't as bad as I thought without her there. We FaceTimed and texted almost every day, so either way we still talked to each other. It's gonna suck when she has to go back to Colorado for school. Summer is in its peak, and I don't want it to end. 

I tried calling her and texting her all this morning, and I haven't gotten a single response. I got in my car and headed over to her house to make sure she's okay.

"Knock, knock. Anyone home?" I said as I quietly let myself in. 

"In the kitchen." Sarah yelled from the kitchen. 

"Hey." I said as I gave her a hug. She was making chicken noodle soup. "I tried calling Danielle this morning. Is she okay?" 

"Yeah, she's just under the weather. We went to go see a play yesterday and someone in the auditorium was sick and somehow got her sick. I'm making her soup now."

"Can I go up there?"

"Yeah, of course. She may be sleeping though. She was asleep when I went to check on her."

I nodded and quietly made my way up the stairs and into her room. The tv was on, season 4 of Criminal Minds was playing non stop as she was passed out. I smiled and made my way to her side of the bed, and lightly stroked her head. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, and a smile appeared on her face when she saw me. 

"Babe." She smiled. Her voice sounded like she was sick. 

"How are you feeling?"

"A little better. Just a head cold. I'll be fine." She said as she started to sit up. 

"No, no. You lay back down. You need your rest." I reassured her and got in the bed next to her, and wrapped my arms around her. 

She smiled and snuggled into me, and dozed back off. I kissed the top of her head, and grabbed the remote and watched a little bit of the show. 

Someone got decapitated. Disgusting. 

How can people watch this stuff? I turned my attention from the show to her, and admired every little detail about her. To her hair, her lips, her nose, everything. Everything about her is perfect. 

AN: Really short part, but I kinda liked how it ended up. It was super cute! <3