6.8

Danielle -October 2018

This whole month has probably been the worst month ever. Between band and my crumbling relationship with Trayce, I don't even remember the last time I felt happy. I've been crying my eyes out for the past 2 weeks now, and my heart hurts. All break, I've been thinking about everything, and I just want everything to be the way it was before.

But today is going to be a good day, though. Kelsey and Madisyn are here in Colorado! We're going to have a great day! I'm not going to think about anything today. Just positive vibes. Once I picked them up from the airport, we decided to go to lunch first, then the mall for a shopping spree.

"So what's up?! How are things?" Kelsey asked as we were seated at an outside table. The fall air was cool and crisp, and the trees had changed different colors.

"Pretty hectic. We have a concert in December for band, and my instructor has been riding our asses every day. It's stressing me out. Plus with Trayce and I, I can't even think straight anymore."

"What's going on with you two?" Madisyn asked as she took a bite of her salad.

"We've been fighting for the past few weeks now. They've gotten worse, in my opinion. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting."

"I doubt it. What's going on?" Kelsey asked.

"So I guess it all started a few weeks ago. I'm the type of person that vents to someone whenever I'm upset. And band was stressing me out, so I would call and just talk to Trayce because he was the only one that could really calm me down. Just hearing his voice made me relax a little."

"Like reassurance."

"Yeah, exactly. So his back's been nagging him for a while, and he had started doing PT regularly, so he would come home exhausted and wiped out. I felt like he didn't have enough time for me as he used to, because our previous phone calls would last 4 hours. You know, I missed him and I just wanted to hear his voice. But on top of being in pain, and being tired, and having to hear me vent all the time, he got tired of it because he's feel as if I'm taking out my frustrations on him. Which I will admit that, and when we talked it out the first time, that was squashed and done. But things have gotten worse. We fight almost every other day now. I just want to talk to him and hear his voice, but now I feel like he has like no time for me anymore. He's sending one word responses whenever I text him, and I feel like I'm annoying him or bothering him because of that. We barely FaceTime as much as we used to, and it honestly is really saddening. I just want everything to be how it was when I first met him. Those sweet and charming and outgoing qualities are what I fell in love with. Now, it's like the opposite of that. I miss that." I started to choke up as tears filled my eyes.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I chuckled as I wiped the tears were falling down my face.

"No! Don't be sorry! It's okay, just let it out. You know we're here for you." Madisyn said.

"You know, he was my first for everything. My first love, my first kiss, my first time..."

"You never dated in high school?"