8.6

Danielle -December 2018

Finals week had just ended, and I have never been so stressed out in my entire life. Today was a bad day. I failed 3 finals, I cracked my phone and on top of that, I flubbed my audition for next years' wind ensemble. I have never been this discouraged before. I feel like I'm a failure.

I sighed as I set my stuff down at the study area in the university center, and gazed out the window. Big snowflakes were lightly falling down, so peacefully. What a great way to head into winter break.

I pulled out my phone and put my earbuds in my ears, and clicked on Trayce's name. I waited before seeing his face on my screen.

"Hi beautiful." He smiled.

"Hi." I said softly.

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head and sighed. "Nothing, just a bad day."

"What happened?"

"Nothing, I don't want to trouble you."

"You never trouble me. What's wrong baby girl?"

"Well..." I sighed. "I failed a few of my finals, which caused my grades to drop. I dropped my phone on stage and it cracked. And I flubbed my audition for wind ensemble next year." I choked out as a few tears ran down my face.

"Babe, please don't cry. It's okay."

I couldn't keep the tears away for long, and I broke down.

"Babe, it's okay! Please don't cry." He tried to console me to the best of his ability. "What caused you to flub your audition?"

"That's the thing! I don't know!" I sniffled as I wiped away a few tears. "I feel like a failure."

"Babe, no you're not. Don't put that pressure on yourself. I'm sure you did fine."

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"I'm sure you did. I know you did."

"I've been so stressed out and overwhelmed about the audition and finals week, I've been freaking out and crying for the past few days now, I just got my period and now my panic attacks are starting flare up again. I miss you, and I just need a hug."

"Relax. Take deep breaths. It's going to be okay. Do you want me to fly out to be there with you?"

"No, no. You don't need to fly out with this weather and with your back. You stay and rest. I'll be fine."

"Just let me know what I can do to help you out. I don't want you to be stressed out and upset. Call me when you get home, okay?"

"Okay. I love you, so much."

"I love you too."

I smiled lightly and hung up, and packed up my stuff to go home. I unlocked my door, where I was greeted my Chewy. I smiled and scratched behind his ears, before heading into my room to change into some warm and comfy pajamas and fuzzy socks, before making my way into the living room. I had a heavy feeling on me, due to what happened previously in the day. I can't believe that happened.

------------

Trayce -December 2018

I went into my closet and grabbed the first pair of clothes I saw, before jamming it all into my suitcase. After that phone call, she sounded upset. She obviously needed me there, and needed my support. So I'm going to do what I think is right. I booked the first flight out to Denver. She doesn't know it yet, but I need to be there for her. I hate seeing her down and upset.