6.7

Danielle -October 2018

Well, it was nice while it lasted. We were good for a moment, but now we're back to arguing again. I feel like it's progressively gotten worse since we had the fight a few weeks ago. I feel like we're in the same exact place, fighting about the same exact thing. And it sucks. It really sucks. I hate fighting with him. I hate fighting period. It's like this whole month was spent arguing and fighting, and I feel like because of it, we're growing apart, and I don't like it at all.

But on the bright side, fall break is next week and I can't wait to see Kelsey and Madisyn. I freaking miss them so much. I just need girl time to clear my head, and hopefully gain some advice to get Trayce and I's relationship back on track.

Danielle, 6:12 pm

Hey guys! I was wondering if next Thursday would be okay for y'all to fly out?

Kelsey ☀️, 6:12 pm

Thursday works! I'm in

Mady 💜🔮, 6:12 pm

Works for me!

Danielle, 6:13 pm

We have so much to catch up on. Plus I need some advice.

Kelsey ☀️, 6:13 pm

Girl, what's wrong? Is it about you and Trayce? What happened?

Mady 💜🔮, 6:13 pm

I hope not! What's going on?

Danielle, 6:13 pm

I think I'll wait and tell you guys in person. It would be easier to explain, plus it'll be too much to type out 😂

Kelsey ☀️, 6:14 pm

😂😂 that's understandable

Mady 💜🔮, 6:14 pm

Well, if you need anything else or just want to talk, we're here for you.

Danielle, 6:14 pm

Thanks guys. You're the best! See y'all next Thursday!

I smiled and put my phone on my nightstand to charge, and shifted my gaze to Chewy, who was nudging my arm to get me to pet him.

"Hi babe." I smiled lightly as I scratched his ears. "Daddy and I aren't on the best terms right now, even though I wish we were. I'm glad you don't understand anything that's going on."

He jumped up onto my lap, his face inches away from mine. Like he knows I'm upset.

"You're a good boy." I said quietly as a small smile formed on my face. Tears filled my eyes as one managed to escape and fall down my face.

He whined as he licked my nose.

"I'm glad I have you to help me through this. I don't know what I'd do." I sniffled as more tears escaped my eyes.

My heart drops and a pit forms in my stomach as flashbacks flash through my mind of when we first met. I never realized how much he means to me, and how much I love this man. The last thing I want is for us to break up and be done. That would crush me inside. No one would ever, ever, make me feel the way Trayce does. I can't imagine ever losing him, because he's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I'm scared that it might happen. I want everything to be like when we first met.

I grabbed Chewy and pulled him close and squeezed him so tightly in a hug as my emotions all flooded out of me all at once. Before I knew it, Chewy was drenched in my tears.

"I'm sorry, buddy." I sniffled as I wiped away my tears.

He licked my face again, causing me to chuckle a little.

"Thank you for being there." I lightly smiled as I glanced at vanity, which had numerous pictures of us taped on the mirror. I sighed heavily and managed to get up off the bed.

"Do you want a treat?"

His ears perked up and his head cocked to the left side.

"Okay, I'll get you one, King of Shiba over here."

------------

Trayce -October 2018

"You look glum. Your new nickname should be glummy, or gloomy. What's up?" Ward asked.

"Oh it's nothing, just me and Danielle aren't doing so well. We've been fighting a lot lately. They've gotten worse these past few days now."

"Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about that. I thought y'all were doing well."

"So did I, but I guess not. Like we fight, then we make up and we're better, then a few days later we fight again. It's so draining, emotionally and physically. I don't know how long I can take this."

"Let me ask you something. Do you love her?"

"Of course I do. More than anything in the world."

"Do you see a future with her? I'm not just talking about within a few months, but later on in the future."

"I do. I mean she's the perfect girl. She's literally who I imagine being with."

"Then show her you love her. Y'all aren't going anywhere if you're arguing almost every day. If you love her that much, you've got to make the effort to try to fix things. When's the last time you talked to her?"

"Few days ago. I wanted to give her space."

"Okay, that's good. Good first step. Now just take the time when both of you are a good mood, and just talk it out. Communication is important in a relationship."

"Wow, thanks dad." I joked.

"Anytime, my son." He chuckled as he patted me on the shoulder.