8.9

Danielle -December 2018

I felt Chewy's hot breath in my face as he crept closer and closer to me. Opening one eye, he saw that I was awake and started pawing at me.

"Do you have to go outside?"

He wagged his tail and jumped off the bed and ran into the living room in the normal spot where he waits for me to let him out. I rolled over to my side and glanced at my alarm clock to see what time it was. I groaned when I noticed it was 5:30. I carefully got out of bed and tiptoed to the door so I wouldn't wake up Trayce. I grabbed my robe and my snow boots and Chewy's leash and went outside and braced the cold.

When I returned back inside 10 minutes later, I peeked in the bedroom door, and Trayce still was knocked out. I sighed in relief as I quietly closed the door once Chewy jumped back up on the bed, right next to Trayce. I went into the kitchen to make myself some hot coffee, then turned on the nightlight in the living room, as it was still dark outside, and plopped down on the couch to watch tv. Once I'm up, I'm up. So much for sleeping in today. Thanks Chewy.

Once the sun started coming up, you could tell that it was snowing lightly. The temperature was supposed to be even colder today. The weathermen actually got a forecast right this time. Hallelujah. I heard the door creak open, and Chewy came strutting out, along with a very sleepy Trayce.

"Good morning." I said quietly.

"What are you doing up?" He asked groggily as he let out a big yawn.

"Chewy woke me up at 5:30 this morning. I couldn't go back to sleep."

"I rolled over so I could cuddle with you and I felt around the bed and you weren't there."

I chuckled. "Did you want any coffee?"

"I better not..."

"I have Bailey's in the cupboard..."

"Now you're talking." He chuckled and retrieved the bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream from the pantry and poured himself a cup of coffee.

"You didn't tell me you had Bailey's."

"You didn't ask." I chuckled.

"Does it snow everyday here?"

"Not everyday. The weathermen finally predicted something right for a change."

He chuckled. "Let's go build a snowman."

"Tell me why Frozen just popped in my mind with that really annoying song."

"Seriously. I want to build a snowman."