8.3

Trayce -December 2018

Dani's birthday is in a few days, and I'm going to go all out for her. She just doesn't know it yet. I already got the things that were on her wish list in Victoria's Secret, one including an olive green sweater with roses on the sleeves that says 'Pink' on the front, and a pajama set. I bought a big bottle of her Versace perfume, but it's still missing something. Sarah mentioned something about how she likes rings and jewelry. I just don't know her ring size.

I glanced on my dresser, and noticed a small, white gold ring with diamonds and a purple amethyst in the middle. I remember when she wore that. I didn't know she left it here. I know just the place.

I pulled up into the parking lot of Jared's and walked inside, where I was greeted my the blinding sparkle of all of the jewelry in the showcases.

"Hi, welcome to Jared's. My name is Jaimie. What brings you here today?"

"I'm looking for some rings today. My girlfriend's birthday is in a few days, and I wanted to get her something special."

"Great! What kind of rings in particular were you looking for? Promise rings? Engagement rings?"

"Actually, she likes blue zircon. That's her birthstone."

"Oh, perfect. We have a case just for blue zircon." She smiled and led me to the case with the blue zircon rings. "If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll be right over here if you need anything."

"Great, thank you." I smiled and scanned the rows of rings that varied from styles and shapes. Who knew there could be many styles of the same ring. Ironically, they were right next to the case with the promise rings.

I scanned the rows, and saw one that caught my eye. It looked like something she'd wear. It was white gold with diamonds around the front of the band, with the blue zircon in the middle and diamonds surrounding it. 

"Can I look at this one?"

She nodded and took it out of the case so I could examine it more. I moved it around the light, and it sparkled like crazy.

"That one is my favorite. Does your girlfriend wear cushion cuts a lot?"

"I have no idea what a cushion cut is, but it's similar to the one she wears. I think I'll take this one. How much?"

"$2,199.99."

"I'll take it." I smiled. "I don't know what size she wears, but I found one of her rings and I brought it to see if you could tell what size."

She took the amethyst ring and put it on the ring sizer to see what size it was.

"This is an 8."

"Can I get it in an 8?"

"Sure!"

She brought my to another counter so I could pay, again taking me by the promise ring section.

"I hope your girlfriend will love her gift! This is such a pretty ring."

"I do too. She told me she doesn't want me to get her anything for her birthday, but I'm going to surprise her."

"How sweet!"

"Thank you again."

"Any time! Come back and tell me how she likes it!"

"I will." I chuckled and walked out of the store, and into my car. She won't see this coming.

------------

Danielle -December 2018

"Dani, seriously. What do you want for your birthday? We go over this every year!"

"I don't know, Sarah. I seriously don't know what I want."

"Not even clothes? Shoes? A puppy?"

"I have enough clothes, and shoes and I already have a puppy."

She sighed through the phone. "Besides food, what do you want?"

"Money."

"Besides money."

I shrugged. "A million dollars...?"

"Jesus." I heard her chuckle through the phone. "You are something else. Alright, I've got to go. I'll talk to you later. Love you."

"Okay. Love you too." I chuckled as I hung up the phone.