8.11

Danielle -December 2018

Today is Christmas Eve, and starting last year, we've had this tradition where we make my grandma's homemade lasagna. I love being Italian.

"Hey babe." I called for Trayce's attention as I was getting all of the pots and pans ready.

"What's up?"

"So my mom invited us to go to dinner with her tomorrow."

"Oh cool. Does she know I'm in town?"

"Yeah. I told her. She wanted to meet your parents but I don't want them to have to travel in this weather."

"Maybe we can do lunch or something later on."

"Yeah, that'll be fun."

"Whatcha doing?" He asked as he made his way into the kitchen. He must be hungry.

"I'm about to start the lasagna. Are you hungry?"

"Yes..."

"Should've known. You're always hungry."

He laughed. "I'm gonna go and take Chewy for a little walk."

"Okay babe. I'm gonna start the lasagna." I puckered up for a kiss as he grabbed his coat and Chewy's leash and closed the door behind him.

My grandma used to make the best homemade everything. That's how the Italians do it. I'm passing on the tradition, grandma.

They returned 20 minutes later, and already the House was starting to fill up with the scent of fresh basil and homemade meat sauce.

"Boy, this sure does smell good."

"Do you want to help me?"

"Sure."

"Okay. I already have the sauce cooking, so we need to go ahead and make the noodles."

"You're making this from scratch? Even the noodles?"

"Yep. That's how my Nonna used to do it."

"Wow. That's so cool."

"Okay, I made the dough already. I just need you to mix flour in it and roll it out so it won't stick."

He nodded and proceeded to rub a little flour on the countertop. I had my back to him, cutting the parsley.

"Babe, you look so sexy today. Your ass looks so good in those jeans."