Nine

Danielle -January 2019

Well, school starts up again in a few days, and that means my baby is going to leave again and go back to California again. I knew this day would come. It's bittersweet, but I know he has to go back and rest up for next season. His back is healing, and slowly but surely it's getting back. It was a rough and slow process at first, but I'm so proud of the progress he's making.

But yet again, look at all of the fun stuff we did last month.we went ice skating and we went to see Hamilton and got to go to Jumpoline. Those were the fun memories.

He booked a flight in the afternoon today, and I drove him to the airport so he could catch his flight. I tried so hard not to cry, but it was so hard. I know that he doesn't like to see me upset. Plus my tears would freeze to my face if I did cry.

"It's so cold." I whined and fluffed up my jacket.

"You're always cold." He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my arms to generate heat.

"Who's going to keep me warm now? You always keep me warm in bed."

"Well, I can come over anytime if you say the magic word. I don't mind. Just say the word, and I'll be here."

I smiled. "I love you, bubby."

"I love you too, bug."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck as gently grabbed my waist and pulled me into him.

"Just think, we can still talk to each other. Remember all of the fun stuff we did this month. We can have more fun memories like that when I come back."

"Okay." I smiled.

"Oof, I should go to my gate. I don't wanna miss my flight."

"Okay baby." I said quietly.

"Can you promise me one thing?"

I nodded.

"Please don't cry. You know how much I hate seeing you upset. You're too beautiful to be crying. Okay? Just remember, I'm only one call away. Goodbyes aren't the end. Remember that."

"Okay." I nodded and wrapped my arms around him and rested my head in his chest. "I love you."

"I love you more." He said as he rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head. He picked up his bags and slowly started walking to his gate.

"Let me know when you get home safe, please."

"Of course. Love you baby."

"I love you more."

I smiled as his figure slowly disappeared into the crowd of everyone that was at the airport. I watched him board his plane, and my smile faded a little. Of course, I'm sad that he's leaving, but he'll still be here if I need him. So far, this has been the best month of my life. Best 8 months actually. As I think back to April, I couldn't have imagined myself if I had never met him. He's brought me so much joy and happiness that I've never experienced with anyone else before. This sounds so cliché, but I feel like I'm in a fairy tale, waiting for the next chapter to begin...