Three

Danielle -June 2018

"Nervous yet?" Sarah asked as she fixed my dress and stray pieces of hair.

"A little. This is the first time I'll be in the public eye. The news blogs are gonna go crazy." I said and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I swear I look 4 years older. Her team straightened my hair and styled it, and gave me a smoky eye effect.

"You'll be fine. I had the best of the best do your hair and makeup for you. You look stunning."

I smiled and took a deep breath. "Thank you."

"You'll be fine, my child. What are you worried about? Is it the dancing?"

I nodded.

"I mean you did great with me. You'll be a pro out there."

"What if he doesn't ask me to dance? I don't know, I was imagining a Beauty and the Beast scene with the waltzing and the ballroom... what if there's no dancing at all? Maybe I don't know what galas are."

"Child, how many times do I have to tell you to not worry?"

"Sorry, it runs in the family." I chuckled.

"He should be here any minute. Smile. Think positive. Be happy. The look on his face when he sees you... ooh I can't wait." She smiled and patted my shoulder and walked out of my room.

I stared at my reflection, still shocked that I'm staring at myself. I fixed a few stray pieces of hair she missed, and jumped as the doorbell rang. A rush of nervousness and butterflies ran over me. I quickly grabbed my shoes and my clutch and sprayed a little bit of my perfume before I went downstairs.

"Dani! Your date is here." Sarah yelled as I reached the last step. "Took you long enough. You've been staring at the mirror forever now." She joked.

I smiled and looked at Trayce, who was wearing a black blazer and a black dress shirt underneath, with dark wash blue jeans and black and white Vans. His eyes widened.

"You like...?" I chucked.

He didn't answer, but his eyes were still widened and his mouth was to the floor.

"Answer! Use words!" Sarah chuckled

"Damn babe, you look gorgeous." He finally said. "Mmh, man I did good."

I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"Ready?" He asked as he pulled out his keys.

I nodded and made my way towards the door.

"Take care of her. I'm watching you." Sarah joked.