4.1

Trayce -July 2018

My back has been hurting for a few days now, but I've been trying so hard to tough it out and make it through the season. Baseball is everything to me, and I am determined to make it through this season. 

"Hey man." Kiké said as he patted me on the back, causing me to flinch a little. 

"Woah, you okay man?"

"Yeah, I just tweaked my back the other day. No biggie."

"What he means, is that him and Danielle got it on the other night. That's why his back hurts." Joc teased. 

"Speaking of Danielle, how did the Colorado trip go?" Corey asked. 

"It went good. I met her parents, and they freaking love me. She showed me around town, took me to her hometown places and just showed me around. It was really nice..." I paused. "It made me realize that I love her... So much."

"I'm glad to see you like this. It's not only affecting you, but your playing as well. You've been on fire since you've been together." Corey said.

"Thanks, man." I said as I stepped up to bat in the batting cage.

 I love her, with all of my heart. "Surprise!" I heard a familiar voice behind me say. I turned around and smiled as she pecked my cheek. 

"Danielle! What a nice surprise!" Kiké said. "We were just talking about you!"

"Oh, well I hope it was all good!" "Nothing but good stuff."

"Good." I smiled. 

"What brings you by here?" Corey asked. 

"I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd stop by and say hi." She turned to me. "How's your back, baby?"

"It's alright. Just sore. But I'll be fine. Don't worry."

"See? Didn't I tell you? Something went on between them the other night." Joc teased. 

She laughed. 

"I just want you to be careful. I don't want you to injure it anymore."

"Relax! I'm fine!" I reassured her. She nodded as I kissed her forehead and watched her go up into the stands to watch us practice. I didn't tell her how bad it hurt. I don't want to see her worried or upset.