Trayce

Today the dodgers have an off day, so what better thing to do than spend it with the love of my life. We arranged plans to have Danielle's parents fly out and have dinner with my parents. I know they've been dying to meet them forever now. We both chose a good burger place in town that we both recommended, so I think today is going to be a good day.

We were going to meet everyone at the restaurant. Danielle would let us know when they'd be here, as they took an Uber down to the restaurant. My parents were already here. Dad was blabbing about trade rumors for the Lakers and what Lavar Ball has to say about everything. Dani and Mom were talking about the weather and school and music.

"Oh! They're outside the restaurant!" Dani exclaimed as she locked her phone. "I can't wait for you to meet them. They've been going on and on about how good Trayce is to me. They've been dying to meet you for the longest time now."

Mom smiled as I saw 2 familiar faces walk through the door. I smiled and waved to both her mom and grandma.

"Hi guys!" Dani said as she got up to give both of them a hug.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Janet, Danielle's mom." Her mom smiled as Mom hugged her. "And I'm her grandmother, Juanita."

"Nice to meet the both of you. I'm Julie, and this is my husband, Mychel."

"Nice to meet the both of you." Dad smiled.

"Danielle has been going on about how we should all go out to lunch one day. I'd rather be in California any day rather than at work."

Mom smiled. "Danielle has been honestly a sweetheart to everyone. She is literally the daughter I've never had, but always wanted. She's so sweet and kind, and the stuff she tells me about her music major just blows me away. I heard her practicing one time and I was so impressed."

"Thank you so much. I think I did a pretty good job raising her." She smiled. "And I just wanted to thank you for raising the most respectful son, because he treats my daughter so well and I just wanted to thank you for that. He's her first ever boyfriend, and she loves him so much."

"That means a lot for you to say that. Thank you." Mom and Dad both smiled. "That was my part raising him. Mychal raised Klay and Mykee. They definitely take after him."

We all laughed.

I had a feeling they'd get along so well. Their personalities mesh so well together, and I thought they'd bond so well. One thing is for sure though, I will never, ever, find someone else like Danielle.