3.2

Danielle -June 2018

"Okay, so melodic minor is when you raise the 7th and 6th note. So for the concert F scale we start on G, and you would raise... it to C and D sharp...?" I muttered to myself, trying to figure out the transposition. My instructor wants me to transpose every major and minor scale, melodic and harmonic minor for my B flat instrument.

I spent the day on Trayce's couch, trying to get this assignment done. It's freaking killing me.

The weather was gloomy today, and wet and rainy and cold, so I was bumming it out today. My hair was up in a curly, messy bun with my glasses on. I wore my navy blue sweater that had Northern Colorado Bears on the back in gold, and a gold bear in the front, and black leggings and blue and purple fuzzy socks.

I tapped my pen on the premade staff paper and thought. "No, that's not right. It's not C." I said as I crumpled up the paper and threw it in the corner with all of the other rejects.

"Think Danielle, think. You know this." I said as I tapped my pen on the paper. "Harmonic is the 6th note raised. So for the same scale, E would be raised to E sharp, which is F, yes. Melodic minor would be E sharp and G sharp. Okay good."

"Babe, you in here?" I heard Trayce call from upstairs as I heard his footsteps down the stairs. He smiled when he saw me.

"There you are. I forget how big my house was. You can lose people in here." He joked as he lifted up my legs and sat down and placed them in his lap.

"How are you? Are you hungry?"

"No, I'm fine." I said with my attention still on this assignment.

"You sure? You haven't eaten anything since 11 this morning."

"I'll eat when I'm done with this."

"You said that 4 hours ago. You started at 11... it's 3:30 now."

"I'm almost done..."

"Babe, I wanna spend today with you before I leave for Cleveland tomorrow, not with myself."

I knew he was leaving for Cleveland tomorrow. I'm kind of bummed, but I know it's apart of the sport and the job and he had to travel.

"We will. I'll spend all the time with you. I'm almost done." I sighed and put my pen down and rubbed my temples. "My head is killing me."

"Take a break? I don't like seeing you stressed out."

I exhaled and looked down at my paper and studied it.

"C'mon, take a break." He said as he rubbed my leg. "Get something to eat, some fresh air." He said as he squeezed my knee, causing me to jump.