8.7

Danielle -December 2018

Most people would spend their start of their winter break partying and going out to dinner and having a good time. Meanwhile I'm sitting here, drowning in my own sorrows. I was too lazy to cook, so I just had Ubereats come and deliver food to my house.

It was 8:00, and the sun was long gone. The snow was starting to pick up, and the temperature dropped. I made myself a cup of hot chocolate, and put on all of my nightlights and fairy lights to give off that calming ambience to try to better my mood. My eyes stung, and my head was pounding. At least I had Chewy to lift my mood.

I grabbed my phone off the coffee table as it started to ring again. I smiled lightly and accepted the call.

"Hi babe. How are you doing?"

"A little better."

"Are you lying to me?"

"Maybe... I felt better after crying when I got home."

"Did you eat?"

"I was too lazy to cook anything for dinner, so I just Ubereats food to my house."

"I wish I were there with you babe."

"It's okay. I don't want to add any other stress on you. I'm fine, really."

I heard a knock on the door.

"Hang on, the Ubereats guy is here."

I walked over to the door, and opened it. My jaw dropped as I saw Trayce standing in front of me, with a suitcase by his side and his phone in his hand.

"What the— How the— How did... Babe!" I squealed as I attacked him in a hug, and started sobbing into his chest. He pulled me into a tight hug, and held me close while gently rubbing my back.

"You're here." I cried.

"I'm here." He said softly as he let me go, and gently placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"Come in, please. I'll grab your stuff." I sniffled as Chewy started barking.

"Hey, you know me! Why are you barking at me." He chuckled as he bent down to pet him.

I walked back into the living room, and pulled him into a hug and started crying again. "Babe, I'm so happy you're here."

"I'm always going to be here if you need anything. Now what happened today?" He gently grabbed my hand and led me to the couch.

"Well, I had my last 3 finals today; which were math, physics and English. I failed all of them and brought down my grades and my GPA. Then I dropped my phone on stage and it cracked. I started my period and I feel awful and to top it off, I botched my audition." My voice cracked as I started to cry again.