Eight

Danielle -December 2018

"Well guys, congratulations! The concert is finally here! I know I've been a dick to you guys these past few months, but it was all worth it in the end. I am beyond proud of you guys, and I cannot express how excited I am for this concert Thursday. You're more than ready, and I can't wait to show you guys off. Invite your friends, family, coworkers, significant others, anyone! I want to have a full house!" My band director said in excitement.

Finally, these hard 3 months paid off, and I can't wait to go out there and perform. I can't wait for Trayce to see what I've worked my ass off for. After class was over, I went to the lunchroom to grab some lunch, and sat down to call Trayce at our routined time.

"Hi love." I smiled as his face popped on the screen. He was stuffing his face with food he had just made. "What are you eating?"

"I made me some cereal." He chuckled with a mouthful of Cheerios. "How are you doing? How's your day going?"

"It's good! I just came from band, and my instructor couldn't be happier about the concert. He said that we sound absolutely amazing. We practiced with the Symphony downtown last week, and it sounds so good."

"That's good! When is it? So I can fly out and see it?"

"Thursday, the 6th. Is it okay with your schedule and everything?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. Plus baseball season is over, so I have all of this free time to myself."

I smiled and chuckled as he had some Cheerio bits on his shirt. "You've got something on your shirt."

"Oops." He chuckled. "I see you made yourself comfy in my sweater."

"I was cold, okay! It's freezing in the classrooms! It smells just like you. I miss you."

"I miss you too, baby. But I'll be here Thursday for your concert. I can't wait to hear it! I know all of that hard work paid off!"

"It did! If you want to invite people, go right ahead. My instructor wants a full house."

"I'm planning on inviting the whole team. Just kidding." He chuckled.

"Did you really want your sweater back?"

"No, I was just joking. You can keep it. I have plenty of others in my closet. I know how much you like it, you wear it practically every day."

"It just reminds me of you. When I'm taking a test, I get a whiff of your cologne, and it makes my day. Like you're here with me."

He smiled. "Well you'll see me in a few days. I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled. "I'll call you when I get home from work. I can't wait to see you again."

"Me either. Have fun at work." He smiled as I hung up the call, and placed my phone on the table.

Thursday can't come here any sooner.