7.2

Trayce -November 2018

I leaned against the island in the kitchen, with my head propped up by my right arm. I stared at the water dripping from the faucet, and contemplated my decisions and my choices. I know she got my messages, she read them this morning. I know I should wait at least one more day, but I just can't. I need to talk to her.

I grabbed my phone and pulled up her contact information. A small smile appeared on my face as her picture was of her when she stole my phone and took many bad selfies on it. She's such a goofball. My finger hovered over the FaceTime call button for several minutes, before finally pressing it. I anxiously waited as the tone kept ringing, but felt a sense of relief when she picked up.

"Hello?" She answered. Her face was sad, and her eyes were filled with hurt. Her voice wasn't the same as it was. It sounded somber. She looked heartbroken.

"Hey." I lightly smiled.

"Hey."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm just laying here with the dog."

There were large amounts of silence that followed her responses.

"Can we talk?"

"Are you gonna hang up on me again? Like what you did last time?"

I sighed. That hurt. That made me realize how much I've hurt her. I can never forgive myself. "No, Danielle. And I will never do that again. I am truly, so ever sorry for everything that I've said to you to hurt you. I didn't realize how much it would hurt you... I didn't realize how much I hurt you. I know you're probably still really mad at me, but I really am deeply sorry."

"I just asked for one thing, Trayce. One. I asked to spend more time with you. How hard could that be?"

"I know, I know. And I feel awful about that. I just used the physical therapy as an excuse to avoid the whole band conversation, which I know I shouldn't have done that."

"I just needed to vent, Trayce. I was beyond stressed out and I just needed someone to talk to. You're always my go-to person. And I will admit, I did take out some of my frustrations out on you, and I never meant to do that. I'm sorry if I put you through that."

"I understand. And I'll be better at listening, and communicating."

"As will I. When I was crying to you, I was in a very fragile state. I had so much going on, and with our relationship, I had so many panic attacks and anxiety attacks. I spent every day crying, and having an attack almost every day. So I wasn't doing it for the attention."

"You has anxiety attacks?! Babe, how serious were they?"

"Serious enough to the point of passing out."

I did that. I made her do this. It's all my fault. I can never forgive myself.

"Since when did you have anxiety?! How come you haven't told me anything about it?"

"You remember that one time back in California when you took me to the Chinese Theatre and I got really nervous because there were so many people around in one small area? That was just the tip of the iceberg."

I lowered my head. "Babe, I'm sorry. It's all my fault."

"No, no it's not. I don't blame you for anything."

"I am the worst boyfriend ever. I am so, so, so sorry for everything I've done. I promise I will make up every second to you. Because I can't imagine my life without you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I would die if I lost you. I'm so sorry." I managed to get out, as I started to tear up a little.

There was a pause before she spoke.

"Do you forgive me? If you don't, I understand. 100%."

She opened her mouth, struggling to get her words out.

"I—I do. I forgive you, Trayce. I love you with all of my heart. You were my first love, my first kiss, my first boyfriend... everything. And I can't imagine giving up like that. You mean the world to me, and I want the person I fell in love with. You've showed me what it really felt like to be loved, and you showed me how a real man should be like. I fell in love with your qualities, Trayce. You treated me like a real human being, not a toy. And if I tried to move on, I don't think I'd find anyone who treated me as good as you did... you changed my life."

I smiled in relief as a few tears escaped my eyes. "I did?"

"You did." She smiled as she wiped away a few tears. "And I want to back to the place we were in, where we were happy and smiling and laughing all the time. I'm tired of fighting."

"I am too. And I promise to communicate better, and show you love and affection. Since we live so far away from each other, it's so damn hard. But we'll make it work."

"So can we go back to being that happy couple again?"

I nodded. "Yes."

She smiled.

"I love you, with all of my heart. I promise to be a better communicator."

She smiled. "I missed you. I missed talking to you."

"I missed you too. More than anything."

I got my baby girl back. I was so scared I was going to lose her, forever. 

AN: I'm not gonna lie, this was kinda hard for me to write because I like every story to have a happy ending, but it looks like everything worked out after all! Stay tuned for more! <3