5.1

Trayce -August 2018

I woke up early and made up my side of the bed, carefully making sure I wouldn't wake her up. I got dressed and made my way down stairs to make me a cup of orange juice.I snuck out a few minutes earlier to surprise her with breakfast. I was hoping I wouldn't wake her up. I think this will make her happy. Shortly after, I heard the floor creaking upstairs. She must be up. I heard footsteps come from the stairs, and lead into the kitchen. 

"Good morning, sleepy head." I chuckled as her hair came out of her bun, and was everywhere. "I assume you slept well last night."

"I did. Besides the nightmare. It freaked me out."

"What was it?"

"Someone broke in and killed me and then you."

My eyes widened. "No more Criminal Minds for you for a while."

"Yeah, really." She chuckled as she leaned against the island counter. 

"Is that what made you upset last night?"

"It was a mixture of both, leaving and the dream. It kind of added to it."

"Well, today is gonna be the best day ever. I don't want you to be sad about leaving. Today is gonna be a fun day; a 'spoil Dani day'."

"Isn't every day 'spoil Dani day'?"

"Well yes, but it's special because I'm gonna spoil you with anything you want. Now, are you hungry?"

"A little."

"Well... while you were sleeping, I snuck out and got you some breakfast. I know how much you love Chick Fil A." I grabbed the bag of food and placed it on the island. 

Her face lit up. "Thank you, baby! I love you." She smiled as she pecked my lips. "How did you know what I ordered?"

"You get the same thing every time we go there. I know you."

"I love you." She chuckled with a mouthful of food in her mouth. "What did you want to do today? Today is all about you."

She thought for a minute. "Can we go shopping? I saw that this local boutique had some really cute stuff I wanted to look at."

"Boutique it is. Hurry up and finish your food and get dressed so we can enjoy this day. I heard it's supposed to be nice today."

She nodded as she scarfed down what was left of her food, and ran upstairs to change and do her makeup and whatever it is that all girls do. She ran back down the stairs, wearing a blue romper with flower prints on it, and wedges. 

"Ready?" She asked as she fixed her purse on her arm. I nodded as I turned the tv off and grabbed my keys.