8.2

Danielle -December 2018

I really wish they would turn up the heat in this place. Greeley gets the brunt of all of the winter storms, and it's below freezing outside. I'm turning into an ice pop. But anyway, my birthday is next week! Another year older! I don't feel like I'm turning 22, but I can't believe it. I'm getting old.

I always reach this dilemma on what I want for my birthday and Christmas. I never know what I want, so I just ask for gift cards and money. Trayce has been asking what I want, and I told him just get me gift cards. That's all I can think of at this point.

------------

Trayce -December 2018

"Babe, what do you want for your birthday?"

She shrugged. "I don't know."

I put my hand in my face. "That doesn't help me at all. Think, really think and tell me what you've always wanted."

She thought for a moment. She opened her mouth, and I felt like we were going to go somewhere with this.

"Food."

I was wrong.

"No. I'm not getting you food. You deserve much more than food. And clothes? Jewelry? Shoes...?"

"Babe, you don't have to get me anything."

"Yes I do! I'm not taking no for an answer."

"But Trayce, seriously. You don't have to get me anything. Really. You don't."

I sighed. "I'm not settling for that. Tell me what, think about it when you go back to class, and call me and let me know when you get home. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled as I hung up and placed my phone on the counter. I can't get her nothing on her birthday. That really didn't help at all. Only one person knew what she wanted. I grabbed my phone and quickly opened the messages app.

Trayce, 11:11 am

Hey Sarah, it's Trayce. I hope you're doing well, and I hope school is going well also. I know that Danielle's birthday is coming up, and I asked her what she wanted and she told me not to get her anything. Do you know what she likes and wants? I got nowhere with the conversation I had with her just now.

Sarah Killion, 11:12 am

She likes jewelry, like rings and such. She has some stuff in her wish list from Victoria's Secret. Her favorite perfume is Versace and she loves food, so any gift cards to restaurants she likes. Hope that helps! :)

Trayce, 11:13 am

Great! Thank you so much!

She is going to have the best birthday ever.