Longing

"I know someone who can help us. She's a vampire trusty of most all vampire generations. We could go to her." Sinb said while walking back and forth.

"So.. are you willing to help me?" she asked Umji.

"Wait. Parents? Your real parents?" Umji asked, Sinb nodded.

"But.. why? Why now? And, what would Sowon unnie say about this?"

"Yewon-ah.. you can't tell them about this." Sinb looks at Umji's eyes while holding both of her shoulders.

"But why?"

"They won't allow me. They will stop me." Sinb said.

"Of course they would do that. That's exactly I will do now.. because why? Why are you suddenly want to find your parents?"

"I don't know! Okay!" Sinb walks to a chair near them and sat.

"I just really feel that I want to see them. I can remember their faces, barely." Sinb chuckled a little.

"It's been 15 years since the last time I saw them. I barely remember anything since I was just 6 years old that time." Sinb looks at Umji.

"That's why I really want to see them. Will you help me?"

Umji looks at Sinb in the eyes and she sees how desperate Sinb is. That she really want to reconnect with her parents.

"I know.. Sowon unnie will be really angry if she finds out about this, but.. I really want to do it." Sinb said while looking at her shoes.

"Fine." Umji said. And Sinb suddenly moves towards her, jumping in excitement.

"But.." Umji added.

"Fine. Anything you want."

"We'll do it every weekend. No ditching of classes." Umji said.

"Call." then Sinb suddenly hugs Umji which makes Umji shocked.

"O-ohh.. I-I'm sorry." Sinb uttered and removes the hug.

Umji just smiled. Then Sinb started to walk to their homeroom for their afternoon class. Umji looks at Sinb's back.

"I'm really dead if Sowon unnie find this out." Umji whispered.

Then she followed Sinb to their homeroom.

*****

Later in the afternoon, they've finished their classes, Sinb grabs Umji's hand. They went outside the school, run along the street to a small neighborhood without anyone noticing them. Then they hid behind a big tree.

"Why are we here?" Umji asked.

Sinb just hushed her and pulled Umji nearer to a house. Then hides behind another tree.

"I used to live there.. with my parents." Sinb pointed to the house near them.

"Wait wait! Someone's coming out from it." Umji mumbles. Sinb sits behind the tree and utter.

"Another family lives there already. They occupied it after my parents left because of the accident that's happened. My accident. The accident that apparently killed me." Umji sat beside her.

"I don't know where they are anymore. That's why I want to search for them." Sinb added.

"When I became a vampire, this was the first place I went to. Yeah.. I was 6 years old back then. I was so confused and scared and needed my parents, believing that they're still alive. But when I came here, they were gone. I just found an empty house when I got here."