Leave

I stood silently in the forest, I was rather out of breath but I knew I couldn't complain, I wiped some sweat off my brow, it was like, eighty degrease out here even though it was fall, I wasn't wearing my hoodie or even a shirt today, it was too hot, I looked down at the large log that was laying on the ground in front of me, I reached down and picked it up as best as I could, I lifted it onto my shoulder and stood up straight, I began heading up the nearby hill and down a gravel path, soon I reached some sort of metal structure, it was set up like a swing set and had two nearly splintered logs hanging from chains, I dropped the log nearby and went over to a nearby hollow tree, I reached in and pulled out a crude stone knife and two small things of paint, I pulled out a collapseable stool and took it over to the structure, I set it up and set everything I got next to it, I went over to the splintered logs and began to take them down, I pulled the metal hooks out of the logs and threw the logs nearby, figuring I'd pick it up in a while.
I went over to the log I carried over and grabbed it, I placed my foot on the center of the log and began to pull on the top of the log, I gritted my teeth as I did, I let out a low growl before it finally cracked in half, I stumbled back but caught myself, I sat on the stool and grabbed the knife, I began to widdle away at the bark and a bit on the wood, once I got a nice round shape in the bark I grabbed the paints, I used a small brush to paint a target on the wood, I then grabbed the hooks and screwed them into the top of the wood, I set it aside and grabbed the other log, I then repeated the process, once I was finished I carried both of them over to the structure, I hooked the chain to two of the three hooks before I threw the chain over the top metal beam and caught it on the other side, I pulled the chain until the log was about chest hight to me, I then hooked the chain onto the last hook, I pushed it slightly and let it swing as I grabbed the other log, I then repeated the process, once I had them both up I took a step back to look at my acheivement, I folded my arms as I looked at the log targets, they were still swinging slightly and I was satisfied when they weren't falling at all.
"Wow."
I turned around quickly to see Toby, he was wearing his usual gear but was wearing a tank top instead of his hoodie, I understood completely, he had lifted his goggles up as he stared in awe.
"I always w-wondered how the t-targets were p-put up!" He said with excitement, his hazel eyes sparkling.
"Why're you over here?" I asked in slight annoyance.
"Oh!" He said in excitement, "M-Masky told me t-to go use the o-other targets."
He laughed slightly.
"I told Masky th-that the targets w-were probably just sp-splinters at this point." He laughed, "Now I know where the n-new targets come f-from!"
I looked away and stared at the logs.
"Well, have at it." I said as I gestured to the logs.
I went to walk away but a knife flew passed me, it just barely missed me, just as I heard laughing I looked to see who it was, it was Liu, but I could tell it was his alter ego, I didn't even know what they called him, I let out a low growl at him as he laughed at me.
"You should've seen your face!" He laughed.
"Um... you can't?" Toby questioned, "He's w-wearing his mask."
I let out a low growl at him, he continued to laugh, I didn't say anything as I started picking up everything I was using, putting them into the hollow tree, my eye was endlessly twitching, Liu's alter ego was really pushing my buttons, more than Toby has so far, once I was finished putting everything away I began to leave, my hands twitching in anger, I felt someone grab my arm and pull me back slightly.
"Where're you going, Jacky?" I heard Liu say in a cocky voice.
I turned quickly and nearly backhanded him, he quickly retreated back and now looked terrified.
"Don't ever touch me." I growled.
I quickly turned around and walked off, my anger growing more as I walked, my hands and eyes were twitching, my mind was racing with unholy thoughts of murder, mostly towards other Pasta's, I felt someone grab my arm and I quickly turned around and hit them, Toby was standing there with a surprised expression.
"Oh what do you want?!" I asked angrily.
It didn't seem like he didn't exactly want to talk to me, I growled slightly and turned to walk away, he held tighter to my arm.
"Why don't you r-respond when I call o-out to you?" He asked.
I stopped, I didn't know he was calling out to me, I turned and glared at him, getting him to shrink back slightly.
"Because I don't want to talk to you." I growled out.
He was quiet as he stared at me, I pulled my arm away and started to walk away, why wouldn't it go through his thick skull that I want to be left alone?!
"W-wait!" He grabbed my arm again.
I quickly turned around and grabbed him around the neck, I forcefully shoved him against a tree, he looked horrified as he stared at me, I was growling loudly at him.
(Jack, try a different approach.)
I growled louder, I was getting fed up with everything.
"What do you want?!" I growled out slowly.
"U-um... uh.... s-sorry..." He stuttered out, "S-Sully..."
"Sully?" I asked as I let up on him a bit more.
"L-Liu's alter e-ego, Sully, he's usually th-the one who f-fights with Jeff." Toby said, "S-sorry about him..."
I let Toby go and started to walk away.
(You should have listened to us.)
I growled again as I started heading into the forest more, I didn't hear Toby follow me, once I got to a little clearing I sat down on a rock, I was still growling and my eyes were still twitching.
(Maybe you should meditate.)
(Oh yes, I hear quick sessions of meditation can really calm people down.)
"Leave me alone..." I said as I pulled my knees close.
(Jack, we've been over this...)
"Just leave!" I shouted.
It fell completely silent.
"Leave..." I said quietly.
(Fine.)
(We'll give you what you think you want.)
My vision shifted slightly before it began to fade into darkness, I stared at the ground in front of me in silence.
(We'll come back tomorrow.)
(Until then, enjoy your true solitude.)
Everything then fell silent, all I could hear was the soft sounds of birds and maybe some running water somewhere, this wasn't the first time I couldn't see, though usually they weren't gone, they would mostly cut my vision to prank me, they liked to do it when I was in the middle of walking somewhere or if I was somewhere I wasn't familiar with, though they knew when they should let me see again just so I don't get too hurt or killed.
I slid off the rock and made my way off somewhere slightly, when I found a tree I sat at the base of it and pulled my knees up, I rested my head onto it and just sat there.
I don't know what time it was but I knew it was late seeing as how it was getting rather cold now, I sat for a while longer before I finally got up, I then began to slowly make my way back to the mansion, I knew this forest very well and knew right where the mansion was, I wasn't worried at all, I'm not sure how long it took me to get there but I made it, although it was basically freezing by the time I got back, it was probably because I still wasn't wearing a shirt.
With how quiet the mansion was I knew it was well past bedtime, I made my way to the stairs slowly and began to go up them, I knew that if Slender found me I would most likely be in trouble, but at this very moment I didn't care, as I reached one floor I could hear Masky having another mental breakdown, I stopped to listen for a minute.
"I can't! I just can't!" I heard him say in a panic.
"It's fine, Tim." I heard Hoodie trying to soothe him, "It's going to be just fine..."
At least he had Hoodie to comfort him, I swallowed hard.
Sometimes while I was up at night I could hear a lot, people staying up way too late, people not in their own rooms, moans, (I try to forget), and Masky having panic attacks, he had a lot of panic attacks, mostly when his medication ran out, but every time I would stand outside of his room and just listen, I would wait until Hoodie had eventually calmed him down and he went to sleep, but today was different, I couldn't see so I couldn't wait to see if he was alright, I continued to head to my room.
"I want to die..." I heard Masky say.
"As do I..." I said quietly aloud.
I finally made my way back to the room and I pushed opened the door, I wasn't in the mood to eat even though I hadn't eaten all day, it was probably because the demons were gone, I started to head over to my bed when I tripped over something, making a surprising amount of noise in the process, I laid on the ground in both shock and anger as I tried to figure out what had happened.
"Jack...?" I heard Toby ask.
I slowly pushed myself off the floor and let out a slight growl.
"Are y-you okay?" Toby asked.
"Don't come near me." I growled.
It was silent.
"I... wasn't g-going to." Toby said.
I sat there and stared at the floor, it was frustrating not being able to see, especially when someone I don't know and don't trust is in the same room, I let out another growl.
"I-I'm really s-sorry." Toby said, I could hear him moving a lot, "I-I guess I f-forgot to put th-that back."
I heard him pick up whatever it was I tripped over, I let out a growl, I immediately knew I scared him, there was a knock on the door.
"Toby?" I heard Slender ask, "What was that noise?"
"Ah, sorry." Toby spoke back, "I-I fell out of b-bed."
I heard Slender sigh before walking away, I looked up slightly from where I was sitting.
"You lied to him." I said, "Why?"
"Uh... w-well." He trailed off.
I could hear him fiddling with something.
"I-if I told the t-truth... you would h-had gotten in t-trouble..." He trailed off, "E-even though I told h-him you were in h-here I noticed that y-you get punished more th-than other Pastas..."
I was shocked, why was he defending me?!
"I know he'll know I lied in the morning..." Toby said quietly, "He always does..."
"Then why lie in the first place?!" I asked angrily as I stood up, "What's the point of helping me?!"
It was completely silent, I probably scared him again.
"Because it s-seems like you need c-company..." He said quietly, "E-even though you like to b-be alone..."
I stood there quietly, I turned away and went to my bed.
"Jack...?" He asked.
"Quit talking to me." I said.
it fell back to silence, I truly wanted to be left alone... but I didn't want the solitude.