Black Mass

I sat up quickly and covered my mouth, my mouth hurt so badly, I also felt like I was going to throw up, I made a muffled sound and slid off my bed.
"Jack?" Toby asked.
I made another muffled noise, Toby got up and started to come over, he knelt down next to me.
"Jack?" He asked, "A-are you okay?"
I quickly shook my head, he seemed to panic slightly.
"U-um, o-okay." He said, "I-I don't know what t-to do."
I let out a cough and some sort of black mass leaked through my fingers, I began coughing more, the more I coughed, the more black mass that came out, Toby looked really worried as he watched in silence.
"Sh-should I g-go get Ann?" He asked.
I shook my head, if I'm bleeding then we'll get Ann, but right now I think we were in the clear, I gagged slightly as I moved my hand, whatever this mass was it was thick and sticky, I really felt like I was going to throw up now, Toby was just sitting next to me quietly, it hurt so badly, I gurgled whatever the mass was and actually threw up, I almost felt like I was going to drown, I gagged and coughed up more, Toby was silent as he patted my back slightly, once I started to calm down I covered my mouth again, it hurt to the point of being unbearable, Toby was quiet as he was sitting there.
"L-let me see." He said as he turned me slightly.
I attempted to push him away.
"Knock it off." Toby said, "L-let me see y-your mouth."
I attempted to push him away again but he grabbed my wrists, he held me still as best as he could.
"Open your m-mouth." He ordered.
I shook my head as I attempted to move away from him, he forced me to the ground and attempted to hold me still, I kept trying to push him off, he eventually held me down and used one of his hands to pin mine above my head, he used his other hand to force my mouth open, a black, tentacle-like tongue slipped out, Toby looked both shocked and disturbed.
"O-oh, your t-tongue's b-back." He said, "I d-don't mean to b-be mean, but ew."
He let me up and I immediately touched it, I flinched in pain, Toby grabbed my hand and moved it away from my mouth.
"I th-think you should j-just leave it." He said quietly.
I guess that's why it hurt so badly, but yay! My tongue's back!
"Are you f-feeling better?" Toby asked.
I moved my tongue around and it hurt, I looked at Toby.
"Y-yeah... I th-think I'm o-okay." I said.
"Okay, g-good." Toby said, "I'm glad y-you can t-talk now."
"M-m-me too." I said.
"Does i-it hurt?" Toby asked.
"K-kind of..." I said, "I-it hurt m-more when it w-was growing."
"Okay." Toby said, "I'm j-just glad it w-wasn't serious."
We both looked at the black mass that was covering the floor.
"G-guess it's a g-good thing we d-don't have c-carpet." Toby said, "O-otherwise this would b-be a n-nightmare."
"Y-yeah." I sighed, "I-it's h-hard to g-get out of c-carpet."
I chuckled slightly.
"It's a-actually why th-there's n-no carpet in h-here." I said, "I h-had to r-rip it u-up."
Toby laughed slightly.
"That e-explains a l-lot!" He laughed.
I chuckled again as he laughed.
"I g-guess we should clean th-this up." Toby said, "So n-no one slips o-on it in the n-night."
"Okay, I-I got it." I said.
"How d-do you c-clean it up?" He asked.
"P-patients." I replied, "So m-much patients, and soap."
"Okay." Toby said, "Should we u-use rags?" 
I shook my head.
"There's a mop i-in the closet." I said, "That's what I u-use."
"Okay." Toby said as he got up.
I slowly got off the ground as Toby was getting stuff out of the closet, it kind of sucked that I was stuttering almost as much Toby usually does, but then again I hadn't talked in a while so it actually made sense that I wasn't used to it.
"So j-just normal s-soap?" Toby asked.
"Yup." I said, "Whatever's in the b-bathroom."
"Okay, b-be back." Toby said as he ran to the bathroom.
I went over to the closet and began looking through it, I found some sponges and I grabbed the mop, Toby had taken the bucket,  I went back over to the puddle and stared down at it, I knew exactly what it was, it was some sort of demon blood, at least that's what I assumed it was, the strange, sticky, thick black liquid showed up after they did, all I know is that it's really important, if I didn't have it my eyesockets would probably dry out and then I wouldn't be able to close my eyes, and it's obvious that it does other stuff too, like when I was stabbed in the lung it was used to slow my own bleeding and numb the pain slightly, I jumped when I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts by Toby tapping my shoulder.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Y-yeah." I stuttered, "Just lost in thought."
"I got the s-soap." He said as he held up the bucket, "Nice and s-soapy."
I handed him the sponge and he set the bucket down, we then began cleaning up the mess, after a minute I began losing myself to my thoughts again, Toby's been surprisingly stressed lately and I really wanted to make sure he was actually okay, I had all reason to worry, he was surprisingly nice and not nearly as annoying as everyone always said he was, so either everyone was exaggerating or he was holding back, and I honestly thought it was the second option, I looked at him as I dunked the mop again, he was on his hands and knees trying to scrub the black mass out of the wooden floors, I pulled the mop out and hit him in the back of the head with it.
"AH!" He shouted as he jumped, "Wet! Wet!"
He moved away from me slightly and rubbed his now wet hair.
"What the hell, man?!" He asked, he actually sounded annoyed.
"Get on my nerves." I demanded, giving him a dark look.
"What?!" He asked, "No! We don't have t-time for your c-craziness!"
I hit him with the mop again, I figured that if I could set him off even the slightest then he'd start feeling better, just so he could let some steam off.
"Knock it o-off." Toby said seriously.
He hasn't been acting like himself lately, he's definitely been holding back more than before, he wasn't acting as annoying as before, in fact... he's only upset my by accident lately, and he didn't mean to, I quickly dunked the mop and immediately pulled it out and hit him with it, this time on his chest.
"Jack!" He snapped, "I'm serious!"
"Stop it then." I said calmly.
"You!" He shouted.
"You should be quiet." I said, "You could wake someone up."
He glared at me, I glared right back.
"Why are you being a pain?!" He asked angrily.
"I thought you couldn't feel pain." I said calmly.
He growled at me, I didn't bother growling back.
"Somethings not right." I said.
"What the h-hell are you t-talking about?!" He asked, I could tell I was pissing him off.
"You, I'm talking about you." I said, "What happened?"
"What do y-you mean?!" He asked as he got up.
"Tell me what happened to Toby." I demanded as I pushed his chest slightly with the mop.
He took the mop from me and threw it, this wasn't the Toby I knew.
"Who did what to you?" I asked sternly, "What happened to that Toby who moved in here?!"
"What do you mean?!" He asked angrily, "Nothings wrong right now except you!"
"That's not true!" I said, now getting a bit angry myself, "You're different!"
"Yeah?! So what?!" Toby asked, "Maybe I did change!"
I was quiet as I looked at him, I let out a sigh as I looked away.
"I... don't like it." I said.
"Everyone else does." He said sternly.
I was quiet, why did he change?! What happened?! And why won't he tell me?!
(Deep breaths.)
(He certainly has a reason.)
(Perhaps it was Slender, telling him he should act more his age.)
(But he's just a teenager, right?)
"How old are you?" I asked as I looked away.
"What?" Toby asked, he sounded annoyed, "Why?"
"Just answer my question!" I shouted.
He was quiet for a minute.
"17." He finally replied.
(Oh wow, he's a lot older than I thought.)
(Yes, but he's still a teenager.)
(Though he's almost an adult.)
"Did Slender tell you to act your age?" I asked as I looked at him slightly.
"Why d-does it matter?" He asked as he folded his arms.
I was quiet as I looked away from him again.
"I don't think you'd care in this state." I said, furrowing my brow.
"What do you m-mean by that?" He asked, he sounded a little worried, "Don't you think I-I'd care more n-now?"
I was dead silent as I turned away from him, I still didn't say anything.
"Jack...?" He asked.
"It doesn't matter." I said, "Just go back to bed, I'll be fine in the morning."
I went off and picked up the mop, I then went and continued to try and clean up the mess, I didn't hear anything from Toby as I continued, well this sucked.
"Why are you s-so bent out o-of shape?" Toby asked.
"Because that old Toby made me happy." I said, "But why would you care?"
It quickly returned to silence, now I was pissed, once I was done I took the bucket and mop to the bathroom, I don't understand why I was so pissed off, but I was, this wasn't fair, first I lose Titan, then I find out I lost Toby too.
"Jack?" Toby asked.
"Mm." I hummed, "What do you want?"
"I... think w-we need to t-talk..." He said.
I didn't say anything.
"Why do you want to talk so suddenly?" I asked.
"Because of wh-what you said." He said, "I..."
We were both quiet.
"Go wait." I said quietly.
"Okay." He said.
I heard him close the door, I finished up dumping the bucket and ringing out the mop, I then went back into the bedroom, Toby was sitting on my bed waiting, he glanced up at me as I went to put everything away, once I was done I went over to him.
"What do you want?" I asked angrily.
"Slender t-told me to." He said quietly, "I got in a lot of t-trouble, and he t-told me that if I didn't act m-more mature then..."
I looked at him quietly, he wasn't looking at me.
"He was really d-disappointed." Toby continued, skipping over what Slender would have done to him, "Masky and Hoodie w-were there t-too, it was e-embarrassing."
I felt a bit sorry for him.
"I r-really want t-to impress everyone... b-but..." He trailed off, "I g-guess acting like an a-adult was the o-only way I thought I-I c-could..."
I sighed slightly.
"I... really don't think that's working out for you." I said.
"And why not?" He asked.
"You're personality doesn't match this kind of attitude." I said, "So it just comes off as weird and unnatural."
He was quiet as he looked away.
"Then should I-I just give up?" He asked, "I don't know a-any o-other way."
"No, I don't think you should just give up." I said.
"Then what sh-should I do...?" He asked.
I was quiet for a minute.
"I don't know." I finally said, "I never even thought about impressing anyone in my life."
"You've n-never thought to i-impress someone?" Toby asked.
"I never really had friends growing up." I said, "I spent most of my time alone."
"Oh." Toby said, "That a-actually e-explains a lot."
I glared at him.
"I'm j-just saying that i-it explains why you c-can't deal with p-people." Toby said.
I was quiet as I looked away from him.
"What did you and Zalgo talk about?" I asked.
"Oh." Toby said, "U-um, nothing m-much."
I looked at him.
"If he wanted to talk to you without me then it must have been about me." I said, "But if he specifically said not to tell me then just forget about it."
"Okay." He said, "Then we'll j-just forget."
"Okay..." I said.
We were both silent, I glanced at him.
"Why did you want to impress them so badly?" I asked.
"B-because I know." He said, "E-everyone talks a-about it."
"Talks about what?" I asked.
"About h-how big of a f-fuckup I am." He said, "I know I a-am."
I looked at him fully.
"I a-always manage to m-mess things up, I know." He said, "That's why I w-worked so hard in N-November, it's b-because I wanted to i-impress the o-other proxies and Slender."
He looked sad.
"But n-no-one noticed aside from y-you." He said, "N-nor did anyone c-care aside from y-you."
He looked rather discouraged.
"You were the o-only one t-to know because you u-usually put me t-to bed." He said, "N-not even my o-old roommate would d-do that, he'd j-just leave me by the d-door, just b-because he knew I c-can't feel pain."
"Who was your old roommate?" I asked.
"I w-won't tell." He said, "You'd j-just go b-beat them up."
Damn, he figured me out.
"It's okay." Toby said, "You were h-here, so I m-made it t-to bed."
I felt a bit successful, I seemed to have cheered him up quite a bit.
"You can go to bed now." I said, "I'm not mad at you anymore."
He was quiet.
"Are you g-going to b-bed too?" He asked.
"Eventually." I said.
"I noticed that y-you don't s-sleep well." He said, "Do you know w-why?"
"I don't." I said, "Probably insomnia."
"Hm." He hummed.
We both went right back to being silent, he sighed slightly.
"Just go to bed." I said, "You deserve it."
He was silent.
"Okay." He said.
He got up and went off to his bed, he took off his shirt and tossed it away, I guess it was annoying him, he climbed into his bed and I laid down.
"Jack." Toby said quietly.
"Hm?" I asked.
"Are you excited for Christmas?" He asked.
"No." I replied.
He rolled over quickly and looked at me.
"Why not?" He asked.
"I've never really celebrated Christmas before." I said as I rolled towards him, "I was either busy or I didn't have anyone to celebrate with so I figured it was a waste."
"So you d-don't know a-anything about Christmas?" He asked.
"Not really." I replied, "Only about giving gifts and the tree or whatever."
Toby slowly gasped, I watched from a distance as his eyes widened.
"I'm g-going to t-teach you everything." He said.
"I'm honestly terrified." I said as I laid back.
He laughed at me slightly.
"Rest u-up." He hissed slightly, "Tomorrow won't b-be your day."