Gendered

I was heading downstairs with Toby to talk with Smiley about the baby, we were curious if it was far enough along to see what the gender of the baby was, cause then we'd be able to actually prepare for the kid a bit, such as coming up with a name, we went into the infirmary to see Smiley was finishing up talking with Jane, her stomach was so much bigger than mine, you could probably set a cup on it and it'd be like a table, she was getting pretty close, she waved at him as she started heading to us.
"Oh, hello Jack." She greeted.
"Hey." I greeted back, mostly being nice.
She didn't say anything else as she left, that was a relief.
"Is there something you boys need?" Smiley asked.
"Well, we were wondering if you could tell what gender the b-baby was." Toby replied.
"Possibly." He replied, "Has it begun moving around?"
"Yes." I replied, "They're a kicker."
"Alright then, we'll give an ultrasound a shot." He said, "I don't have a guarantee that it'll work, though, I've never given one to a guy before."
"I believe it." I muttered.
I followed Toby off to a private room for the ultrasound.

I was lying quietly on a table holding Toby's hand while Smiley was taking the ultrasound, he was quietly looking at the screen, it was a little hard to understand what I was looking at, but I trusted Smiley, Toby looked away from the screen and looked at Smiley.
"So...?" He asked quietly.
"It's a cat."
Both Toby and I became so confused, I looked at Toby to see how concerned he looked as he looked at the screen, I looked over at smiley to see him shaking while trying to contain his laughter.
"This is a serious situation, can you stop fucking around please?" I asked.
"I shorry." He slurred slightly.
I shook my head at him slightly as I looked back at Toby, he looked relieved, I looked back at Smiley.
"So what is it?" I asked, "Any clue?"
"No, not really." He said, getting serious again, "It kind of looks like a girl but I can't really tell for sure."
He began moving the sensor around again, trying to get a better look at it, he laughed slightly.
"Whatever it is it doesn't want to cooperate." He said, "If they just rolled over slightly I'd have an easier time figuring it out."
I sighed, leaning my head back.
"I actually had the same problem with Jane earlier." He said, "I ended up just taking a blood test to see."
"Would that work with Jack?" Toby asked.
"I honestly doubt it." He replied, "I doubt it'd work even if he were a girl, seeing as how demon blood randomly flows through his veins it usually taints blood and makes it hard to determine."
I sighed again, somewhat running my hand through my hair, I felt the baby moving again and I looked down at Smiley, he seemed to be waiting for the kid to rearrange before he continued.
"Oh, there we go." He said.
He hummed slightly as he continued, I just let him take his time, he then laughed slightly.
"What?" I asked.
"It's a girl." He said, "She seems pretty healthy to be completely honest."
I sighed, then looked at Toby, he seemed pretty happy about the whole thing, then he looked down at me.
"I guess we need a name for her." He said.
"Is this going to be like our argument with Titan?" I asked, "Where we just shout names back and forth until we say the same one at the same time?"
Smiley snickered slightly.
"Well, no, I don't want to do that again." He said, "We could... name her Erin, my middle name."
I started thinking about it, I did like the name quite a bit.
"What about your middle name?" He asked, "Do you have a middle name?"
"My middle name is Boston." I said, "I don't think that's a good name for someone in general."
Smiley snickered again as he began cleaning everything up.
"Oh..." He said quietly.
We were both quiet for a while.
"Did you ever have an idea for a daughter?" I asked.
"Um... no, honestly." He replied, looking a bit upset, "I never thought I would be able to have kids."
He looked down at me again.
"What about you?" He asked.
I sighed as I began thinking again, there was only one name that came to mind.
"Lexus." I finally said, "I like the name Lexus for a girl."
He thought about it, Smiley helped me sit up and gave me a rag to wipe off my stomach, so I started to do that.
"I like it, t-too." Toby finally said, "Jack, Toby, and Lexus."
He smiled happily, obviously getting really excited.
"Geez, calm down." I laughed slightly.
"Aw, she's gonna be so cute!" He smiled happily.
"From me?" I asked, "Nothing cute can come from a freak like me."
He went dead quiet as he looked at me, Smiley shook his head slightly.
"I was joking." I punched his arm slightly, "I accept I'm not normal, that's fine."
I gestured to my stomach.
"That's not natural." I said, "And it's fine."
He pulled me into a hug, I really didn't mean to upset him like that, but now that I'm finally comfortable with how I am I'm comfortable enough to actually joke about my weird deformities.
"If it's any consolation your adorableness will definitely show through in this kid." I said quietly, "Your round face and puffy cheeks will look cute on a baby."
He didn't say anything as he rubbed my back, I sighed slightly.
"It was a joke." I repeated, "You were supposed to laugh and brush it off, not get all butthurt and upset over me making fun of myself."
"You're not a f-freak..." He mumbled.
"I know I'm not a freak." I whispered, "I was honestly just joking around, I'm fine, and it's fine."
I moved away from him slightly and looked at him.
"The baby's going to be adorable." I said, "It'll be the best of both worlds, a mix of both of us."
"The cutest thing ever..." He whispered.
"Definitely." I agreed.
I gently kissed his face, luckily I managed to really cheer him up, I got up finally and the two of us started heading upstairs.
Personally, I was getting really excited about this baby.