Slow Acceptance

I opened my eyes to have a heavy something laying on top of me, I looked down at my chest to see Toby fast asleep on top of me, I could feel my chest was a little wet, I moved his head slightly to see he was drooling out of the missing part of his mouth, usually when he was sleeping he wore a patch over it but I guess he forgot to put one on when he got out of the shower last night, I let out a sigh as I let him go, he was still out cold, I laid there silently as I looked at the clock, it was almost six in the morning, I looked back at him as he moved around, he basically slapped me when he moved his arm, I just sat there silently trying not to be mad at him, as I just laid there I noticed something on Toby's wrists, I reached over and gently grabbed them to get a better look, my heart wenced when I knew what I was looking at, his wrists were covered in self-harm scars, I gently rubbed my thumb along the scars, I let out a quiet sigh as I laid back again, I was still holding his wrist, I looked down at him to see how serious he looked even in his sleep, I gently held his wrist, I rubbed his head slightly before I pulled him closer, I rubbed his back and shoulders sightly as I closed my eyes, he moved again and I glanced down, his eyes were open ever so slightly, he glanced around slightly until he looked at me, he sat up slightly and wiped some drool off his cheek, he then gave his hand a disturbed look.
"Yeah, you were drooling a lot." I said.
"Sorry." He said tiredly.
He sat up fully and rubbed his eyes slightly, he looked really tired, he let out a soft sigh as he looked at the clock, he groaned before he flopped onto the bed next to me, I rolled over and looked at him.
"You alright?" I asked.
"I'm so tired..." He said quietly, "I wanna sleep."
I reached up and pat his head slightly, he closed his eyes for a second before he opened them again.
"I don't wanna get up..." He complained quietly, "I don't wanna..."
"Well, as an official medic of the mansion, I prescribe you some sleep." I said, "You've been working for two and a half days, you deserve a break."
He smiled slightly before he looked exhausted again, he laid there silently for a moment, I looked around a bit more before I realized something that could potentially be embarrassing, I was in Toby's bed, I don't know how, or why, but I was in his bed, I rubbed his head again as he laid there slowly falling asleep again, I looked back at the clock for a second before I looked back at him.
"Rest up, okay?" I asked.
He nodded slightly, a small smile eeking onto his face, I rubbed his head a bit more before I quietly got up, I then began getting dressed for the day, once I was dressed I sat at my desk and looked at Toby, he was out cold again, I let out a small sigh before I turned around and looked back to the desk and noticed something weird, there was nail polish on the desk, I picked it up and began looking at it, it looked like it belonged to Jane or something and I had no idea why it was in here, but I shrugged it off before I set it back down, I sat there staring at it for a moment.
(Are you really considering putting nail polish on?)
Yes, yes I am.
(Dude, that's gay.)
(He is gay.)
(Oh...)
(Hey, shut up.)
(He's not the only one who forgets.)
I'm gonna paint my nails, then I'll see if it belongs to Jane.
I sat up straight and began experimenting with the nail polish, the only thing I was able to discover was that I wasn't good at putting it on at all, once I was generally done I got up and went over to Toby, I pat his head slightly before I left, once out in the wild I just went downstairs to get some food, once I went into the dining hall I saw there were already quite a few people down there, one of them being Jane, I went over to the serving table and explored what there was to eat before I settled for some eggs and toast, I then went off to Jane.
"Does this belong to you?" I asked as I held out the nail polish.
"Where in the world did you get that?" She asked as she took it.
"I have no clue how it got in my room, but it was there." I said.
"Oh..." She looked a little embarrassed.
"What?" I asked.
"Um... well... I guess I had left it there by accident..." She said.
"Why were you in my room?" I asked.
"I had let Toby borrow something a few days ago and I had suddenly needed it." She said, "I went in there yesterday to find it since I couldn't find you."
I nodded.
"Well, it's a nice color." I said as I looked at my nails, "It's not your usual black, is it? It seems more pearly."
She was dead quiet as she stared at me.
"It's, um... it's black pearl." She said, she looked worried.
"Oh, cool." I said, "I actually guessed the color."
"You painted your nails?" BEN asked.
"Yeah." I replied.
Jeff laughed slightly.
"What are you, gay?" Jeff asked.
He and LJ laughed quietly.
"Yeah...?" I asked, "What about it?"
The entire fucking room went silent, I just looked over the room while giving a weird look.
"Is there something wrong with that?" I asked.
"N-no! No!" BEN said quickly, "There's nothing wrong with that!"
"Alright." I said as I started to leave.
(Jack, did you really just say and do that...?)
Sure, why wouldn't I?
(Everyone thinks you're gay now!)
(Um, he is...?)
(Actually, if anything, he's bi.)
(He has liked girls in that kind of way.)
Besides, everyone's going to find out later when Toby and I start dating, I've no interest in a closet relationship, they do seem a bit... exciting, I guess... but I think it'd be more of a hassle than anything, trying not to let anyone find out.
I sat in the living room and started to turn my eggs and toast into a sandwich, I then began to enjoy, as I was finishing up I heard someone walk up behind me, I glanced to see BEN.
"Are you actually gay?" He asked, seeming a bit worried.
"Bi." I corrected, "I go both ways, I guess."
He was quiet behind me.
"And you... actually painted your nails?" He asked.
"Yeah." I replied, "I suck at it, though."
He was quiet again, I glanced back at him.
"Do you have a problem?" I asked.
"No, no, I don't." He said, "I just... wasn't expecting it from you."
"You and I both." I muttered.
He began to walk away as I actually finished up, now that that's out of the bag everyone might look at me differently... but then again... do I really care? Probably not.