Helping Hand

I was sitting next to Toby as he was sleeping, sometime in the night his fever rose to 102, he was really starting to show the effects, he was sweating an unhealthy amount and would whine every now and then, I knew he wasn't in any pain because he can't feel it but he was obviously uncomfortable, I was silently watching him move around, I was glad we didn't have to train today, otherwise it would be a rather long conversation why we didn't get up, as I was sitting there Toby twitched and opened his eyes slightly.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
He huffed slightly as he closed his eyes again, he opened them again and looked at me.
"C-can you... get me s-some water...?" He asked tiredly.
"Yeah, I'll be right back." I said.
I got up and grabbed the empty cup that was sitting on his nightstand before I began to head to the bathroom, I went over to the sink and started to fill it up, I glanced up at the mirror to see someone I didn't recognize standing in it, I jumped and flung the water out of the cup, I hit the ground and clutched my chest, I watched as the person leaned over the counter and looked down at me, some sort of ghost lady appeared beside him and looked down at me.
"Wendell!" She snapped as she looked at the guy.
"I didn't mean to!" The guy protested, looking at the girl, "I thought this was our room!"
The ghost lady shook her head as she floated out of the mirror fully, placing her hand on her forehead as she sighed.
"What am I gonna do with you?" She asked, "This is ridiculous."
"Hey! We haven't been here long!" The guy protested, "I ain't used to this house!"
I felt way too confused, who were these people?! Was there a Pasta exchange I wasn't aware of?! What?!
"Sorry to disturb you." The girl said as she looked down at me, "We'll just be on our way."
The two of them began to argue as they went back into the mirror, I slowly got off the floor and looked at the mirror to see they were gone, I stood up fully and let out a deep sigh, I grabbed the cup I dropped and started to fill it up, once I was done I went back out to Toby, he was sitting up now and staring at me.
"What the h-hell happened to you...?" He asked, "You're all w-wet."
"There were people in the mirror." I said as I looked back at the bathroom, "They scared the shit outta me."
Toby was quiet as he looked confused.
"Was it a g-ghost and a guy with m-mirrors in his eyes?" He asked.
"Uh, yes." I said.
"Oh, that's W-Wendell and Daisy." Toby said, "They're new."
"I guessed that much." I said as I started heading over to him, "They got confused and ended up there instead of their room."
He just nodded, I went over to him and gave him the water, he drank it quietly as I was sitting there, when he was done he set the cup on his nightstand before he laid back down.
"Are you going to be okay?" I asked.
He nodded slowly, closing his eyes again.
"You can go eat..." He said quietly, "I'll be fine... I'm j-just gonna sleep..."
"Okay." I said, "If you need me don't hesitate to text or call me, okay?"
He nodded again, I got up and made sure I picked up my cellphone before I began to leave, I changed my shirt before I left seeing as how it was drenched, after I went downstairs I found my way to the kitchen and began to root through the fridge, after I found something to eat I went to the dining hall to eat it, no one was in there so I just sat alone and ate, just as I was finishing up I get the second scare of today.
"Jack."
I jumped and turned around quickly, Jeff was standing there.
"What?" I asked.
"I was wondering you'd... err... show me how to stitch someone up." He said, "You know... just in case."
"Um... sure." I said, "I don't see why not."
I looked around slightly.
"Um... follow me." I said as I stood up, "I need a participant."
He followed me back to the living room to see there were quite a few other people in there, I spotted Liu and knew he was just the person I wanted to see.
"Liu, can I use you?" I asked.
He looked over at the two of us, he immediately looked uncomfortable.
"It's fine, he's not touching you." I assured, "I just want to show him your stitching."
He was quiet as he stared at the both of us.
"Um... okay, I guess." Liu said, "As long as he keeps his distance."
I went over to him.
"Lift your sleeve." I said.
He pulled up his sleeve, I began talking to Jeff about this and slowly I got everyone in the room's attention, I was now talking about the different stitching styles.
"There's the single stitch style that's on Liu's face, as you can see." I said as I pointed, "That's when you stitch once, cut the thread, and tie it off."
I pointed at his wrist.
"That's the style I usually sue, which is the consistent style." I said, "That's when you use a single piece of threat consistently without a break."
I glanced to see quite the group now listening to me, Sally was one of them.
"That style is best for large and deep wounds, especially if it's an emergency seeing as how it's faster than most ways." I said, "I use it the most because it's one of the easiest ones to use, and I'm usually only stitching someone close in an emergency anyways."
I turned my attention back to everyone else, they were silently listening.
"Another pattern would be the cross or X style, which Clockwork has on her face." I said, "Um..."
She wasn't here to use as a reference so I had to think of something quickly, I reached into the pouch on my thigh and pulled out an already threaded needle, I was quick to pull up my sleeve, I then began to run the needle through my arm in the X pattern, once I was done I turned my attention right back to everyone else.
"See?" I asked.
"Did you really just do that?" Liu asked.
"Yeah...?" I basically questioned, "I needed an example."
I turned back to my arm and started talking about it, after a minute I turned my attention back to Jeff.
"Okay, now you really need to pay attention." I said, "This is one of the most important things for you to know."
I reached into my pouch again and pulled out my needle nosed scissors.
"When you are removing the stitches, you gotta cut every individual strand." I said as I looked him in the eyes, "If you do not cut every single one when you pull the stitches out they may rip the skin."
I began cutting the stitches out, once they were all cut I swapped the scissors for tweezers, I then pulled the stitches out, then I quickly rethreaded the needle, I held it out to Jeff.
"The best way to learn is by doing, so I say." I said, "Go ahead."
He stared at the needle silently as did everyone else, Jeff looked back up at me and I held out my arm.
"Go on." I said, "I don't have all day."
"Wait, you want me to stitch on your arm?!" Jeff asked as if I were crazy.
"Yeah." I said, "I thought that would be apparent."
Now everyone was staring at me as if I were crazy.
"Seriously Jeff, I don't have all day." I said, "If you're too big of a wuss to attempt to stitch me up then just forget stitching anyone up, this was a real waste of time."
I went to put the needle away but Jeff snatched it up, he grumbled angrily as I raised an eyebrow at him, I held my arm out to him again and he stared at it silently, I groaned impatiently.
"Come on, either hurry up or give me the needle." I said, "I have so much better things to do."
Jeff growled at me slightly and went to stitch my arm, my phone went off and he flinched, he quickly glared up at me as I pulled out my phone, it was a text from Toby, I opened it quickly.
[Can you do me a favor?] It read.
[What's up?] I texted back.
I set my phone down and looked back at Jeff.
"Things might be cut short here." I said, "I have something better to do."
My phone went off again and I picked it up, I opened the text quickly.
[Can you please get me some orange juice or something?] The text read, [It always used to make me feel fatter.]
I stared at the text silently in confusion.
[Better! Not fatter!] Toby suddenly texted, [Goddamn auto cumber!]
Okay, now everything was starting to make sense, I was quick to text him back.
[Okay buddy, can do.] I texted, [Also, turn off auto correct.]
I closed my phone and quickly slipped it into my pocket.
"I gotta go." I said as I stood up, "Guess you missed your shot."
I quickly grabbed the needle from Jeff and left, I stuffed the needle into my pouch as I went into the kitchen, Iopened the fridge and dug through it again but didn't find any orange juice, but we did have a few oranges, I shrugged slightly as I grabbed two, I took them over to the counter and got a cup out for him, I grabbed a knife and cut the oranges in half before I squeezed the life out of them with my inhuman strength, once I got a heafty cup of juice I knew that just freshly squeezed oranges wasn't going to satisfy him, I looked around quickly and found some sugar to add, which I added a good spoonful, I mixed it in before I tossed the spoon into the sink, I then went off to the bedroom, I went in to see Toby wasn't in bed, I looked around quickly to see the bathroom was open a crack, I went over and opened the door a bit more as I looked in, Toby was hunched over the toilet looking unhappy as he was shaking violently, I went over and set the cup on the counter, I then knelt down next to him, I gently placed my hand on his shoulder.
"Are you doing okay?" I asked.
He looked at me slightly, his face was now really red and he was breathing heavily, I just slightly tilted my head to the side.
"Um... I d-don't know..." He said in a shaky breath.
He quickly hunched over to toilet again, I rubbed his back slightly as he gagged, after a minute of that he just sat there shaking, I rubbed his back a bit more.
"How are you feeling?" I asked.
"U-um... c-cold..." He said, "Really, r-really cold..."
He must have the flu, I rubbed his back a bit more.
"Do you want the orange juice?" I asked.
He nodded, I reached up onto the counter and grabbed the cup, I held it out to him as he sat up, he was still shaking violently as he leaned on me slightly.
"Do you want my help to drink it?" I asked.
He nodded slightly, I helped him drink the juice, once he was done he leaned against my chest and shook more.
"Do you want help back to the bed?" I asked.
He nodded again, I reached around him and held him close, I then slowly started to get up, I carried him bridal style back to the bed, I laid him back down and gently pulled the covers over him, he was still shaking violently, I went to go get something to make him feel warm when I was pulled to a sudden stop, I looked to see Toby had a death grip on my sleeve.
"P-please d-don't leave..." He said, tears in his eyes.
I let out a slight sigh before I sat back down, I looked down at him calmly as I rubbed his shoulder.
"I'm not going anywhere." I said, "I'm staying right here."