Love Kitties

I had just got Toby some food out of the kitchen and was beginning to head to the stairs, I went into the dining hall to see nothing in there had changed from when I went in, Masky was still on a tangent about who knows what while Skully and Hoodie were playing poker, I stopped and watched for a minute, Skully and Hoodie were completely ignoring Masky, I wasn't paying attention to what Masky was saying at all.
"Tim, I don't give a shit." Hoodie finally said, "Shut up."
Skully started laughing as Masky flipped them off, I just continued on as Masky started yelling more, I went upstairs to find Toby still sitting on his bed with a book, he looked up at me as I went over to him.
"Here's your food." I said.
He tossed the book and got really excited, I sat next to him and gave him the plate, he happily ate as I sat there with him, I actually started telling him about the three older proxies in the dining hall, he was somewhat laughing at what I was saying, once he was done eating the two of us just started hanging out and talking, we somehow started talking about animals.
"You really like cats." He said, "How long have you liked cats?"
"Um..." I began to think, "Since I was young, I guess."
I really began thinking about it.
"Probably one of my most memorable moments with cats is when we moved for the first time..." I trailed off, "There was a cat in town that was notorious for how horrible he was, he was literally referred to as Satan, like actually Satan, there was a rumor that he had worshipers, but anyways he was a really mean cat."
He laughed slightly, I had gotten distracted.
"I was about five, I guess, and Satan's owner was our neighbor, so when I went outside I saw a cat, he looked mad and angry, but I was a little kid I didn't know any better, so I just thought Aw, it's a kitty!" I continued, "I pet his head once and he was immediately on his back letting me pet his belly."
"Aw." Toby cooed.
"Yeah, you can imagine what his owner thought when he came outside." I said, "Seeing some random ass kid petting the angriest cat on the face of the earth."
I couldn't help but chuckle slightly.
"That cat loved me." I said, "He became such a sweetheart after I moved in."
He smiled widely at me.
"So you just became well known as the cat kid in your t-town?" He asked.
"Yeah, basically." I said, "From what my mom said I had cat's following me home since before I could walk."
"That's cute." He said.
He suddenly looked kind of sad, his gaze moving away from me.
"What's up?" I asked.
"Um..." He trailed off, "Do you... miss your family?"
I was quiet as I looked away from him.
"A little." I finally replied, "We... weren't really on good terms when I left for college."
He looked at me silently.
"I didn't really get along with my mom or younger sister." I said, "And I hardly ever saw my dad, he worked too much."
"What's your sister's name?" He asked.
"Kamry." I replied.
He just nodded.
"If he had the chance t-to see them again, would you?" He asked.
"It'd be a bad idea." I said, "I'm not human anymore, I don't even think they'd recognize me at all."
"I didn't say you had to t-talk to them." He said, "I mean to just see them."
I looked at him slightly, then sighed.
"Yeah." I finally said, "It would be nice to see them at least."
He smiled again, I sighed sadly as I looked away from him though.
"Although I think they're over a thousand miles away." I said, "I doubt I'll see them."
Now we were both quiet, I felt him take my hand and I looked at him slightly, he gave me a comforting smile.
"I never thought I'd see my mom ever again." He said, "But l-luck just wasn't on my side."
"Hey, that was my fault." I chuckled, "I was the one who got caught, you just got dragged into it trying to save me."
He smiled widely at me, I leaned over to him and kissed his cheek.
"Thanks for not giving up on me at all." I said, "I know I'm a handful."
"That's okay." He said, "I'm annoying, I have infinite patience."
I laughed slightly, I was really lucky to have him, my life's been so much better with him here, I was just quiet for a second.
"I haven't felt fine in a really long time." I said quietly, "But... I actually feel content with how I am right now..."
I looked back up at him.
"I'm not feeling depressed, and I'm not in a crummy mood." I said, "I feel fine."
I looked away from him again.
"I'm actually content with being a demon." I said, "I feel like there's nothing wrong with how I am."
He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek, I looked at him and gave a slight smile, he leaned against me.
"I'm glad you're okay with yourself now." He said.
"Yeah, I am too." I agreed.
He sat there happily on me while he kicked his legs slightly, I just sat there happily with him as well, it was nice to be in this state, I was content, after a minute of sitting there I laid down with him sitting on top of me, we both sat there silently, he was happily rubbing my sides, I pulled him closer and started rubbing his back, he began kissing my face more, I gently began to run my fingers through his hair, his hair was mangled and hard to move my hand through it, I was basically combing his hair with my fingers, he was happily laying on my chest, I gently pushed his head up and he looked at me.
"You're cute." I said.
"Meow."
I laughed at him, he laughed with me as he kicked his legs, he finally laid on me again, he was happily messing with my clothes, he was starting to put me to sleep.
He was the best thing for me.