Darkest Hour

I was sitting on my bed silently staring at the Bible sitting on my nightstand, my chest hurt, my lungs were tight, and I felt confined, the demons were awkwardly quiet as well, my body shook as I let my head hang from my shoulders, I stared at my wrist with the bracelet on, I felt sick, I felt someone touch my back and I flinched, I turned quickly to see it was just Toby, he rubbed my shoulder slightly, he looked really concerned about me, I shoved my face into my hands and I whimpered.
"I'm so sorry..." He said quietly as he leaned on me, pushing his forehead between my shoulder blades, "I don't w-want you t-to suffer..."
"I'm fine..." I breathed, "Fine..."
I felt him grip the back of my shirt tightly with both his shaky hands, I was just silent as I stared at the ground through my fingers, the black substance leaking from my eyes intensely and dripping onto the wooden floor, I wanted to vomit but reframed from it, I let out a small sound and Toby shifted behind me, then sat up, he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly in his arms, he rested his chin on the top of my head and rubbed my arm, I began sobbing slightly, he then pulled my head onto his chest.
"It's okay..." He said quietly, trying to soothe me, "Everything will b-be fine... we'll w-work through this..."
I finally reached around and grabbed onto the back of his shirt tightly, I buried my face into his chest more as I sobbed rather loudly.
"It hurts..." I sobbed, "I feel... I can't breathe..."
"Shh..." He hushed me, now rubbing my head, "Everything's f-fine..."
I sat there sobbing into his chest intensely, my arms and hands shaking from both pain and fear, every time I opened that damn book it gave me a headache, it'd make my mouth and eyes feel dry, it'd make my stomach turn inside-out, and give me heartburn, I moved my head slightly so I could look over his shoulder at my hand, my right hand was far shakier than the left one, seeing as how it has the bracelet on it, I could see a dark burn spot where the cross had been pressed against my skin, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, everything hurt, I buried my face into Toby's shoulder again.
"Help me..." I sobbed.
"I will." He said, "Always..."
He rubbed my back and shoulders until he managed to calm me down, I finally let him go but I was still shaky as all hell, I tried to get up but only managed to make it three feet from my bed before I collapsed, Toby was by my side immediately as I curled into a trembling ball of excruciating torment of the mind and body, I began sobbing again as he sat there rubbing my arm, trying to help me through this as best as he could, even though he didn't really know how to, and even though he didn't, I appreciated every little effort he gave me, I heard a knock on the door and immediately tensed up, Toby quickly ran to my bed and pulled the covers off and threw them over me.
"Who is i-it?" Toby asked.
"It's Masky." Masky said on the other side of the door.
"Come in." Toby said, slightly tucking the blanket underneath me.
I heard the door open and someone coming in, closing the door behind them.
"How is he?" Masky asked.
"Not g-good." Toby said honestly, "He's stopped s-sleeping and eating, he e-even refuses to e-eat his k-kidneys."
"That's not very good." Masky said.
"I'm w-worried..." Toby said quietly, "He d-does everything h-he was t-told to d-do, but e-every t-time he opens the book he th-throws up."
I heard Toby scuff his shoe against the floor slightly.
"And s-since he's n-not eating..." He trailed off, "He's just mostly th-throwing up s-stomach fluids, which j-just burn his throat and mouth, making him d-disinterested in w-water, too... b-because of the t-taste..."
Masky was dead quiet as he stood there, I heard him sigh.
"I'll try talking to Slender about it." He said, "But there's no guarantee that something will happen."
"Okay..." Toby said quietly, he sniffled slightly, "Th-thanks... Masky...."
I heard Masky pat Toby's shoulder slightly before I listened to him leave, I rolled over onto my back.
"Are y-you okay...?" Toby asked as he knelt down next to me.
All the demons were talking to each other at once, almost as if they were speaking another language, I then began trying to push my blanket off me, Toby pulled it off me and I stared at the ceiling, I felt tired but deep down I felt like I couldn't sleep, I just stared at the ceiling, Toby was sitting silently next to me, I tossed my arm over my face and let out a shaky groan, I heard Toby sigh.
"This s-sucks..." He said quietly.
I moved my arm slightly and looked at him, I could see tears were forming in his eyes, I reached over to him and took his hand, he looked over at me with his sad eyes.
"I'll be fine." I assured him, "I just need to get used to it, is all."
He was quiet as he was looking at me.
"I'm fine." I said.
He held my hand back and leaned on his knee, I covered my eyes again as I let out a sigh, experiencing more heartburn, I was really happy that Toby was here to help me through all this, I'm certain that if he weren't here to help me pull through I wouldn't be here at all, I would either be in an asylum or dead, I laid there in pain for a while until my body began to ache again and my muscles tensed, I squeezed Toby's hand a bit tighter as I grunted in pain, I clenched my teeth and shut my eyes tightly, my chest tightened and I unintentionally held my breath, he squeezed my hand slightly and I started breathing again, I sat there shaking for a while before my body began to relax, I let out a soft sigh as I relaxed along with my body, I felt Toby rub my head.
"We'll g-get through this..." He said softly, "J-just hold on..."