Rendezvous

I was waiting in the living room as Toby was on the phone with Masky, I had specifically told him not to mention the fact that I knew the guy, he said he wouldn't mention it, now I was waiting for him to be done, I looked over as he walked out of the kitchen, he was closing his phone as he looked up.
"Okay, they're g-going to m-meet us there." Toby said.
"Okay, I'll get the guy." I said, "Wait down here."
"And if he a-attacks you?" Toby asked.
"I grew my own tongue back." I said as I looked at him, "I think I'll be fine."
I went upstairs for the first time in a couple of hours and went into the room, Greg was attempting to get away, he was actually almost successful, I went over and grabbed the back of his neck, he tensed up and I looked at him.
"Well, you were a bit too close to getting out." I said, "Good thing that'll be the last time you're left alone."
I used my scalpel to cut the clothes that were tying him to the bed, I then used them to tie his arms behind his back and gag him, I then threw him over my shoulder and began to leave, I went downstairs to see Toby was waiting for me, he opened the door and we both went right out, Toby looked at me.
"So how d-do we get t-to the lake?" He asked.
"This way." I said as I started to lead him.
He followed me off into the forest, every now and then Greg would struggle to get away but I would toss him slightly and he'd stop, only after five minutes Toby began rambling, I just let him, it was better than the silence, as we were walking Toby suddenly stopped, I stopped as well as I looked back at him.
"What?" I asked.
He was quiet, but looked content.
"You good, Tobes?" I asked.
"I was w-wondering..." He trailed off.
"Oh god." I said quietly, "Yeah?"
"If y-your possessed, do you... l-like... have d-demonic p-powers?" Toby asked.
"Somewhat." I said as I continued to walk, forcing him to follow, "I have a lot of strength, and I can see without eyes."
Toby jogged up next to me.
"Yeah, I g-guess that m-makes sense." Toby said, "B-but, like, do you h-have superp-powers?"
I looked at him slightly.
"I literally just said strength." I said, "Isn't that considered a superpower?"
He was quiet as he looked down.
"I g-guess it is, huh." He said.
I shook my head slightly as I continued to walk, Toby was quiet again.
"Do you th-think we'll b-be in t-trouble?" Toby asked.
"For what?" I asked as I glared at him.
"F-for running off f-for t-two days." He said.
I stopped and looked at him.
"Have we really been gone for two days?" I asked.
"Well, y-you've been g-gone for three." Toby said, "I've b-been gone t-two."
I looked at him with concern, I looked straight ahead and continued to walk.
"I slept for an entire day." I said.
"W-whoa, really?" Toby asked, "That's u-unusual."
"I know." I said, "I didn't know I slept like that until now."
I looked at him.
"I woke up a couple minutes before you showed up." I said.
"And y-you didn't wake u-up at all?" Toby asked.
"No." I said, "It's really weird."
We went back to being silent, we walked for a while longer before I actually spotted the frozen over lake, I could see Hoodie standing near a tree, his mask was pushed up slightly and he was smoking, I knew Masky was somewhere nearby, they were on the other side of the lake so I started walking around.
"Why?" Toby asked.
I stopped and looked at him.
"Why d-don't we just g-go across?" Toby asked as he gestured to the lake.
"You don't know how thick the ice is." I said, "Do you know how cold it'd be if you fell in?"
"It w-wouldn't hurt." Toby said.
"You." I snapped, "Besides, hyperthermia's a thing."
I continued to go around, Toby jogged up next to me again, I generally ignored him, once we got closer Hoodie seemed to notice, he stood up straight and flicked his cigarette butt into the snow, he pulled his mask down as we came over, I dumped Greg into a large pile of snow, Masky came from around a tree and looked down at him.
"Oh." He said, he sounded a bit disappointed, "You're not at all what I thought you were going to be."
He glared at Toby.
"He made you sound a lot different." Masky said.
"What do you think about this?" I asked as I gestured to Greg, "Toby said he thought he might've seen too much."
Masky was quiet as he was standing there, he looked to his side and my vision warped slightly, Slender was suddenly standing there, it almost looked like Masky was going to vomit as he stepped back slightly, Slender leaned down to Greg's face, it looked like he was about to pass out, Slender stood up again and looked at Toby.
"Explain." He demanded.
"Um... w-well..." He trailed off.
I knew no one really liked it when he tried to explain things because he'd get nervous and his stutter would get worse, I sighed.
"I ran off and found my way back to the place I stayed before I ended up with you guys, and somehow Toby found his way there too." I explained for him, "We were waiting out the storm when this guy broke in."
Slender was quiet as he stared at me, he looked at Toby who just nodded, indicating I was telling the truth, he looked back down at Greg, he was silent.
"There's something your not telling." Slender said, looking back at me.
I tensed up at his words, I could feel everyone staring at me.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"If there wasn't anything more than that, then you would have just killed him, wouldn't you?" Slender asked, "What's that one more thing?"
I was quiet as I kept my gaze away, I reached up and rubbed the back of my head.
"I... may have known him." I said, "From college."
Masky and Hoodie looked at one another, Slender seemed pleased that he actually got me to confess.
"Would you like to elaborate?" He asked.
"He was just my dormmate." I said, "I didn't know him too well."
Slender looked back at him, I stepped out of the way indicating that I didn't care what happened to him, Slender looked at Masky and Hoodie.
"Go ahead." He said.
The two of them went over and grabbed him, I watched as he struggled to get away, the two of them began to drag him away as I looked up at Slender, he was staring down at me quietly.
"This moment proves your weakness." He said.
That pissed me off.
"W-what?" Toby asked.
"He's unable to forget, nor forgive." Slender said, "He's not able to kill his past."
Slender then began to walk away, I shoved my hands in my pocket and began to walk away, Toby jogged up next to me.
"What d-did he mean?" He asked.
"None of your damn business." I said.
He didn't say anything but stayed next to me, the two of us walked all the way back to the mansion in silence, I then started to head to the room, as I reached the second floor my jacket was grabbed and I was shoved against the wall, Jeff was holding me down and suddenly looked horrified, I growled at him and he let me go, he took a step back and I went to go around him, out from another room Jane came out and grabbed my shirt, before she realized it was me she shoved me back, I stumbled slightly and ran into Toby, he stumbled as well and we both ended up falling down the stairs, my first instinct, surprisingly, was to grab Toby's head and make sure it didn't get damaged, once we reached the bottom I let Toby go, holy shit I was mad, I let out a loud growl as I looked back up the stairs, I could just barely see Jeff and Jane looking down at us, they both quickly ran off.
"Are you o-okay?" Toby asked as he grabbed my shoulder.
"Let me go before I rip your arm off." I attempted to warn calmly.
He slowly let me go and I got up, I started to head up the stairs and I fought to keep myself from finding the two of them and most likely killing them, I went to the room and sat on my bed, I laid down face first in my pillow and let out a frustrated scream, I then laid there silently, I felt sick to my stomach, after a couple minutes I felt someone sit on the edge of my bed, I didn't bother looking, I was pretty sure I knew who it was.
"Jack?"
It wasn't Toby, this was a girl.
I glanced to see it was Clockwork, she looked concerned, I buried my face back into my pillow and told her to go away, but it didn't come out intelligible, she was just quiet, I felt her touch my shoulder.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
I growled and she immediately moved away from me, I continued to growl, she wasn't leaving.
(I have a thought...)
The fuck do you want?!
(Maybe the reason your so unlikeable is because of your past.)
...What do you mean by that...?
(You are still holding a grudge.)
(That grudge is dragging you down.)
(It makes you angry at random points.)
(You need to let go of it.)
(You don't exactly have anything to hold it down, either.)
(Everyone who was there that day...)
(We killed them all.)
I sat there silently, they... had a point, I didn't even really remember that experience, it was them who did that mass murder, but even then it just turned out to be a mass suicide, they all wanted me to kill them, it's all their fault... I just wanted to graduate... I wanted to be a doctor...
(You... kind of got that wish.)
(You're a doctor here, don't forget that.)
(Perhaps that day...)
Was a blessing in disguise.
"Jack?"
I sighed and slowly sat up, I folded my legs and kept my head low as I turned to face her.
"What?" I asked, trying not to sound annoyed.
"Are you okay?" She asked, "Toby said you two fell down the stairs."
I was quiet for a minute, I turned my head away from her slightly.
"I... think I need to talk to Toby..." I said.
She was quiet for a minute.
"Do you want me to go get him?" She asked.
I nodded, she got up and left the room, I continued to sit there silently, Toby was the only one I trusted with this information, I could trust him with my anger, with my insecurities, with my pain, the only one I've trusted since that night...
I looked up as the door opened, Toby came in and looked at me, I lowered my head again, he came over and sat in front of me.
"Clocky s-said you wanted t-to see me..." He said quietly.
"I'm actually scared of people." I confessed, "I don't dare trust anyone because last time that happened I was changed into this..."
He was quiet.
"I'm insecure about other people and what they could do to me." I said, "So I just keep my distance from everyone, it's more of a way to protect myself than to protect everyone else..."
Toby suddenly pulled me into a hug, I just let it happen, he rubbed my head slightly.
"I'm sorry..." I said quietly, "I'm just..."
"D-don't apologize." He said, "I understand..."
I leaned on him and choked back sobs, he continued to rub my head, I fought with myself, trying not to push him away, this was important.
"I was betrayed by people I trusted, and it ruined me..." I said quietly, "I can't get the thought of that night out of my head...!"
I was actually starting to sob, I buried my face into his chest as I finally hugged him back.
"I don't want to be Eyeless Jack..." I sobbed, "I just want to be Jack Nichols..."
I sobbed on Toby for a while, he just sat there doing his best to comfort me, I held tightly to him, I almost felt like I was suffocating, once I started to calm down I found it was easier to fight off myself, I wasn't struggling as much to stay near Toby, once I was fully calmed down I felt... okay for once, it was an experience to tell someone, but now I actually felt okay, I didn't feel insecure about anything, not even my appearance, I... I was okay with who I had become.
"Do you f-feel better n-now?" Toby asked.
"Yeah." I replied, "I feel okay..."
It felt amazing to actually say that and mean it.
Toby pat my head slightly.
"I'm g-glad." Toby said, "I'm g-glad I helped y-you..."