Why?!

I was in the forest doing push-ups intensely, I was doing my best to forget the recent events that had been happening, it's been a few days since I opened my own arm and I hadn't been sleeping well since, nor have I been talking to Toby, I really didn't want to talk about my problems and that's all he wanted to talk about, working out was one escape I could find, another I didn't trust myself with; antidepressants.
I stopped when I heard Masky yelling at someone, I let out a sigh and got up to investigate, I reached the top of the hill to see a very angry Masky with a led pipe being held back by a frantic Hoodie, Toby was laying in the fetal position on the ground in front of Masky, he was shouting threats at Toby and attempting to beat his head in, I decided to interfere, as I walked over Masky and Hoodie froze, Toby didn't seem to notice.
"Alright." I said as I grabbed Toby's arm.
I pulled him up onto my shoulder, I could tell I surprised him.
"You've crossed the line." I said, "We're leaving Masky to chill, whether you like it or not."
I then began to head back down the hill, Toby was motionless as I carried him like a potato sack, once I got back to my little area I dumped him on the ground.
"Damn you're annoying." I said angrily.
He began laughing.
"This isn't a time to laugh." I growled at him slightly.
"Why not?" Toby asked.
"Because if you're not careful Masky could actually kill you." I said seriously, "Masky's a bit off his rocker and his mind had deteriorated over the years of his drug abuse."
Toby was staring at me in silence, he looked worried.
"One wrong move could just push him over the edge." I said, "If you're not careful not only you could die or get badly hurt but he could suffer from guilt and overdose again."
I looked away from him silently, Masky was the reason I was terrified of the antidepressants, really any kind of medicine in general, I had seen him overdose so much... I never wanted to abuse such a thing.
"What d-do you mean a-again...?" Toby asked quietly, I could hear the worry on his voice.
"What do you think I meant?" I asked sternly, "It wouldn't be his only overdose, and if he were saved it sure as hell won't be his last."
Toby was silent as I went over to the hollow tree with the first aid kit in it.
"I... I didn't know M-Masky was..." He stuttered.
"Abusing his medication?" I asked, "I'm not surprised, I don't even think Ann or Smiley know."
"How could th-they not know?!" Toby asked.
"Because it was always at night when I was on duty." I said, "At night when there's a medical problem I'm on first call."
I took the kit over to him and set it next to him.
"I can't tell you how many times I was called down because of Masky." I said, "Sometimes it was just him having some sort of bad reaction to me having to pump his stomach."
I began checking him over, there was a minor cut on his forehead but it seemed like that was it, I started getting what I needed.
"Masky had a strong tendency to overdose when something was bothering him a lot." I continued, "It was mostly things about himself or people he used to know, but he's definitely sensitive to guilt."
I began to clean up the blood before I put a bandage on it, I let out a sigh.
"You can't just assume someone's fine because they act like they are." I said, "If anything, I've learned that people with even the smallest known problem probably aren't fine."
I looked away from him slightly.
"I..." I trailed off, "Know from experience."
He was quiet as he stared at me, it looked almost as if he were going to cry, I just turned my attention away from him, looking at Titan who had been hiding in the bushes this entire time.
"He probably needs to get fed." I said, changing the subject, "Will you do that?"
"Okay." He said.
I turned to him and handed him Titan, I gestured to a small spot where I had put the supplies to feed him, he began making him food as I continued to work out, neither of us were talking, I felt we didn't need to, our relationship that we had attempted to build the short amount of time we've known each other had been slowly falling apart, I hadn't had a full conversation with him in well over a week, there wasn't anything to talk about.
"Titan, eat." I heard Toby say.
I ignored him.
"Titan!" Toby snapped.
I felt Titan rub against my hand, I looked down at him just as he jumped onto my lap, I grabbed him and dropped him next to me but he jumped right back up, I growled at him slightly but he wasn't phased, he just made himself comfortable, Toby came over and took him off my lap, now he was sitting next to me as he was trying to feed Titan, I quickly turned my attention off to something else, as I was sitting there I felt Toby take my hand, neither of us said anything, just sat there silently.
"I'm sorry." Toby finally said.
"It's fine." I said as I looked away more.
It quickly went back to silence, I'm not exactly sure how long we sat there but it kind of felt like eternity, I looked at my lap to see Titan climbing up and making himself comfortable, he looked up at me with his big eyes, almost as if he was trying to reassure me that everything was going to be okay, I finally let out a sigh and held Toby's hand back, as soon as I held back he tightened his grip, we continued to sit there silently.
Both of our attention was suddenly pulled away from whatever we were looking at when I could hear people arguing, I figured I would go just in case they needed a medic, I let Toby go and began to get up, I went and grabbed the medical bag, Toby was right behind me, we went down a trail a ways to see Laughing Jack and BEN holding Hoodie back, I could tell he seemed panicked, I looked to see Jeff was standing in front of Masky who was on his knees shaking, I quickly pushed the thought of what Jeff was doing to him and watched how he was acting, I was quick to pick up on what was happening, I quickly ran over and slid in front of him, my fears were confirmed when I saw his face.
His eyes were shaking and repeatedly darting around, he looked distressed as all hell and was sweating, he was biting his fingers and didn't even seem to notice me, I put the bag down and quickly took his mask off, now he seemed even more panicked.
"Tim, look at me." I said as I grabbed his face.
He looked at me for a moment before his eyes started darting around again, I let his face go and started waving my hand in front of him, as soon as I got his attention on it I held up three fingers.
"How many?" I asked.
He stared at it for a moment before his eyes darted off somewhere else.
"Tim." I said, dragging his attention back to me.
He stared at it a moment longer.
"Uh... eight." He finally replied.
I let out a sigh and got into my bag, I pulled out a flashlight and held his face still, I shined the light into his eyes to see his pupils were dilating, now I was getting concerned, I turned off the flashlight and got out a blood pressure meter and lifted his jacket sleeve, I then began taking his blood pressure, it was rather high and his focus wasn't on me anymore, his eyes darting around as if he were looking at invisible threats, once I put the meter away I got out a portable, momentary cardiac monitor that went around your wrist, I put it on him and let it do its job, as it was setting itself up Masky began hyperventilating, I reached into the bag quickly and pulled out a breathing mask with a bag stuck to it, I put it on him and pulled out a stethoscope.
"Deep breaths." I instructed.
He started taking deep breaths as I listened to both his heart and lungs, I then began to listen to other parts of his body, his stomach didn't sound good at all, he must have taken too much of his medication again, I quickly moved away from him when he began to cough, I had a strong  feeling what was going to happen next to I took the mask off him and laid him down, seconds later he began to have a seizure, I kept my distance and let him run his course, knowing that I could hurt him if I attempted to stop him, I got into the bag again and began pulling out a bottle of something, it'll make him vomit, as soon as he stopped I poured some of the contents of the bottle into his mouth, he quickly threw up afterward, I grabbed his wrists and looked at the monitor, his heart rate was high, I let him relax for a moment before I laid him on his back again, I unzipped his jacket and lifted his shirt, I needed to make sure nothing was shutting down ths time.
"Tell me if it hurts." I said.
I began applying pressure to different parts of his abdomen, seeing if I could feel if anything was off, he wasn't complaining too much about what I was doing either, once he passed my test I looked at him, he was breathing heavily and had his eyes closed, he was still shaking, I tapped his knee and he opened his eyes, I waved two fingers in front of his face before I held it still.
"How many?" I asked.
He was quiet as he laid there.
"Four." He finally replied.
"Well, he's definitely gotten better." I muttered.
I looked to see Hoodie was sitting right next to me, he knew exactly what I had been doing.
"Alright, he should be fine now." I said as I began taking the monitor off, "You should take him back to the mansion and let him get some rest."
I began putting things away.
"Keep an eye on him and let me know if anything changes drastically." I said, "From how minor this one was I would guess it was by accident this time, so try to keep a better eye on him when he's taking his medication."
"I will." Hoodie said.
I slowly helped Masky stand up and Hoodie started to support him, Kate seemed to have appeared out of nowhere and started helping Hoodie, I looked to see BEN, Laughing Jack, Jeff, Ann, Dr. Smiley, and Slender all watching, I didn't know how long they had been there but I couldn't think too much about it.
"Explain." Smiley demanded as he folded his arms.
"He overdosed slightly." I said, "He usually only does it at night and because of that I'm usually the one to deal with it."
I reached down and picked up the medical bag.
"I know how to tell when he's having an episode just by looking at him now, but that one was minor." I continued, "If it were a moderate or major one his heart would have stopped, luckily it wasn't as bad as it could have been."
I looked at everyone, they were staring in silence, I started to leave, I felt someone grab my arm, I looked to see Toby.
"Is he really g-going to be okay?" He asked, he looked like a ball of nerves.
I was quiet as I stared at him, I pulled the strap to the bag up slightly.
"In all honesty, I never know." I finally said, "All his vitals were right but I can never guess if he'd be okay mentally."
Toby slowly looked down, I upset him.
"His mind's just about dead." I continued as I turned away from everyone, "He thinks the medication's an escape from what he thinks reality is, for him, it stops any kind of pain and he's completely unaware that it's actually just making life harder on his part."
I then quickly left, hoping Toby wouldn't follow me, I knew that if he did I would say something I'd regret later, I talk too much in front of him, and I don't know why...
Why is he able to get to me so easily?!
I went off to the place Titan was and put the bag away, I picked up Titan and everything I needed to feed him with and left, I walked until I felt I was a safe distance away from everyone and hidden, I sat on a stump with Titan, he was looking up at me as if he were asking if I was okay, I pet him slightly as I sighed.
"No, I'm not..." I finally said.
He tilted his head slightly, as if asking what just happened, I sighed again as I pet his head, trying to get him to stop looking at me.
"Masky had an overdose..." I said quietly, "And now I'm traumatized."
He moved out from under my hand, looking up at me.
"Its..." I trailed off.
I was shaking slightly now, I was also sobbing slightly.
"Toby was right." I said as I lowered my head, "I don't trust myself..."
Titan meowed at me.
"I don't trust myself with other people so I act the way I do so I'm only the monster they think I am, not to monster I know I can be." I said as I lowered my head more, "And I don't trust myself with medicine, because I know I'll just end up how Masky is..."
I gently picked up Titan and pulled him close.
"Although... I think I'm already broken minded..."
I felt arms wrap around me and I freaked out, I turned and quickly hit whoever had me, I saw it was Toby, I quickly started trying to get away from him, but his strength was suddenly something I had never seen before, he wasn't letting go no matter how much I tried to get away, he wasn't saying anything and it was horrible.
"Let go!" I shouted, "Just leave me alone!"
He didn't back down at all, in fact, he squeezed me tighter, I continued to try and get away but now I was getting the life squeezed out of me, no matter how much I kicked he wouldn't let up.
"Toby!" I shouted, "Let go of me!"
"No!" He shouted.
"Yes!" I shouted.
"No!" He shouted.
"Toby!"
"No, no, no!" He shouted, "You can't make me!"
"I'm dying!" I shouted.
"Die in my arms!" He shouted.
I was pissed, I finally gave up and just rag-dolled, now I was nothing but a dead body, he continued to hold tightly to me for a moment before he loosened his grip.
"Jack?" He asked.
I didn't reply, I was just a dead body, he did say die in his arms, after all.
"Jack, that's n-not funny." Toby said.
It was kinda funny.
"Jack, I'm s-serious." He said sternly.
I still didn't reply, he literally asked for this.
"Jack...?" He asked, "Please stop."
I may be dragging this on for too long.
"Jack...?" He asked.
I still said nothing, I really just wanted him to leave me alone, he placed his hand on my neck and I knew he'd immediately know I'm not dead.
"Shit!" Toby shouted, "No pulse?!"
He's a moron.
Toby quickly laid me on the ground and took off my mask, he flung it quite a ways.
"Mouth to mouth!" He shouted.
"WHOA!" I shouted as I pushed him away, "That's far enough!"
"Wow, I didn't know I was that good." Toby said.
"Get your ass outta here!" I shouted as I tried to kick him away.
He grabbed my legs and pulled them into his death hug, I let out a loud groan, I laid back and just laid there.
"Jack?" Toby asked.
"You're a moron." I said.
"I know." Toby said.
We were both quiet, I didn't know what to say, I could tell he didn't know either.
"So..." Toby trailed off, "You... c-can't depend on a-anyone... because you c-can't depend on y-yourself...?"
I didn't say anything.
"I u-understand." Toby said, "I... really do."
I doubt that.
"I do." Toby said as he looked at me.
Wait, did he just read my mind?!
"No, I'm not." Toby said, "I can tell what you're thinking by your facial reactions."
Oh.
"You're usually wearing a mask so I never really know what your thinking." Toby said, "But it's gone now."
I stared at him silently.
"Where's my mask?" I asked, realizing he threw it away.
"I don't know." He said.
I began trying to get away from him again.
"I need that back, you know!" I shouted, "Where did you throw it?!"
He held onto my legs tighter.
"Toby, let go!" I shouted.
"Can't!" He shouted.
"Yes, you can!" I said angrily.
"Mmmmmmnope!" He shouted.
"Come on Toby!" I shouted, "Please just let me go!"
He glared at me for a minute before he let my legs go, I went to get up and run but he jumped on me, knocking me back down, now he had a death grip on my head.
"Toby!" I shouted.
"I'm hugging y-you until you f-feel better!" He said.
"I'd feel better if you'd stop!" I shouted, "I don't know if I'll break a bone trying to get you the hell off!"
"Then stop trying to fight me!" Toby said.
"I can't!" I shouted.
We both stopped struggling for a minute.
"I... I just can't..." I said, "I just want to be alone, Toby, I don't want people near me."
"So if I'm a d-donkey you'd hang out w-with me?" Toby asked.
"What?!" I asked as I looked at him, "Why're you so weird?!"
He finally let me go, I growled at him and he growled back, Titan meowed and we both looked at him, he had made himself comfortable in my mask and had fallen asleep, I couldn't help but smile, really, right now, Titan was the only thing keeping me close to Toby.