Nighttime Disturbance

I had just gotten back from getting kidneys and it was well past dark, I glanced at the clock in the living room to see it was about three in the morning, I glanced down at the object in my hands and fiddled with it, I then quickly went upstairs, once I reached the bedroom I tossed the object onto my bed, I went off to the mini fridge and began putting the kidneys away, once they were put away I began to change out of my bloody clothes, I got in sweatpants and a tank top before I went over to my bed and looked at the object I had thrown onto it, I found it in the last house I was in and couldn't resist, I looked over at the blob under Toby's blankets, I looked back at the object as I picked it up, then looked back at Toby, I grabbed my phone from off the bed and went over to Toby's bed, I climbed onto it and quickly pulled the blankets down to see him sleeping, before I gave him any time to react I slipped the brown cat ears on him, his face scruntched up slightly as he opened his eyes a bit, he looked around confused and I quickly took a picture of him with my phone, the flash was on so I go a good quality, he flinched at the sudden flash and looked even more confused as he was looking at me.
"...What...?" He asked tiredly, "What the hell...?"
I bit my bottom lip slightly, I felt bad for waking him up but I couldn't help myself, he reached up and ran his hand through his hair, finding the cat ears I had put on him, he grabbed them and pulled them off, looking even more confused.
"Sorry..." I said quietly.
He looked at the ears for a minute before he looked back at me.
"Um... what the hell... welcome home?" He basically questioned, "What?"
"I... um... found them." I said quietly, "I thought they were cute..."
He looked even more confused, laying his head back again as he closed his eyes, he opened them again and looked at me.
"Why...?" He asked quietly, "Was it... i-in a house or s-something...?"
I nodded, he closed his eyes again as he sighed heavily, he tossed his arm over his face.
"What t-time is it...?" He asked quietly.
I looked at the clock.
"Um... five in the morning about..." I said.
He mumbled under his breath before he started to get up.
"Sorry." I apologized again as I moved away from him, "I didn't mean to wake you up."
"It's whatever." He said as he sighed, "I'm up n-now so..."
He looked at the cat ears that were still in his hand, he looked up at me again as he looked confused.
"Did you t-take a photo of me...?" He asked, "Why?"
I shrugged as I looked away from him.
"I'm... gonna use it for your contact in my phone." I said quietly.
He was quiet as he stared at me, he looked back at the cat ears before he looked up at me, he was quick to slip it on my head.
"Now it's my t-turn." He said as he grabbed his phone off his nightstand, "Hold still."
I didn't move as he messed with his phone, eventually, the flash went off and momentarily blinded me, I blinked and watched as he continued to mess with his phone.
"There, kitty Jacky." He said as he showed me his phone.
He literally changed my entire contact to Kitty Jacky, I just looked at him in worry.
"I'm t-tired." He said.
"Sorry." I said.
He twitched rather violently suddenly and looked wide awake, not only that but he looked both terrified and surprised.
"Well, that w-was a thing." He said.
"What the hell just happened?" I asked.
"Um... a thing." He said, "I don't h-have a straight answer."
I couldn't help but feel a little worried about him, I reached over and placed my hand on his forehead, it was a little warm, now I was a bit more concerned.
"Are you feeling okay?" I asked, "You're kind of warm."
He was quiet as he furrowed his brow.
"I don't know." He said, "I don't feel sick."
Now I was even more concerned, I got up and began heading over to my desk.
"What are y-you doing?" He asked as he leaned forward.
"Getting a thermometer." I said as I began looking through drawers, "I just wanna make sure you're okay."
I looked a little longer and found what I was looking for, I grabbed it and took it over to him, I held it out.
"Put the end that's red into your mouth and hold it under your tongue." I said, "I'll be back in a little bit to check it, okay?"
He sighed before he took it, he put it in his mouth as I went to the bathroom, I went off to the counter and opened a drawer, I grabbed a cloth out of it and got it wet with cold water, I made sure it wouldn't drip everywhere before I went back out, Toby was laying down again with his eyes closed, I went over and took the thermometer out of his mouth, then I placed the cool cloth on his forehead, he jumped ever so slightly as his eyes shot open, he yelped slightly.
"Oh, sorry." I said as I gently placed my hand on the cloth, "I should have warned you."
"Ah... it's cold..." He whined slightly.
I looked at the thermometer to see his temperature, 100, which isn't good, I looked down at him again, he had his eyes closed again, his face did look rather red, now I felt really worried.
"Toby...?" I asked.
"Hm..." He hummed tiredly.
"Will you be okay?" I asked.
"Yeah..." He said quietly, "I'll be o-okay... as long as y-you're here..."
My face heated up slightly, even when he's sick he's adorable, I attempted to stay calm, I sat next to him on the bed.
"Well, I'll be right here." I said as I gently rubbed his arm, "I'm not going anywhere."
I watched as a slight smile eeked onto his face, he was way too adorable, I sat next to him until he fell asleep.
(You really need to tell him how you feel.)
(I honestly think he feels the same.)
(He didn't deny Kage when he said you two were dating.)
(In fact, he defended homosexuals instead of just saying no.)
I was quiet, I didn't exactly know how to feel, I should at least give it a little longer, he can't date anyone right now anyway, all I can do is wait and see, and who knows... maybe life will decide to go my way.