Guard Dog

I was walking back to the mansion quietly, I had just finished a mission and had a pleasant bag of goodies, I glanced back at Seedy who was walking closely behind me, he refused to let me leave alone after he heard I was with child, so I just had to work with it, I looked away from him again and continued walking back, I slowed down and soon stopped, he stopped as well as I sighed, I looked down at my stomach as I gently placed my hand on it, it's been a good month or so since we've found out and now it was a bit more obvious, it was a nice little bump now, I sighed as I closed my eyes.
"I'm tired." I said.
"Jack sit." I was gently grabbed.
I was sat down on a stump, I took a deep breath and just sat there quietly, I closed my eyes to rest.
"Wait." Seedy said, "Be back."
I opened my eyes and looked at him as he started leaving, he was probably going to get me something to drink, so I just closed my eyes again and waited for him to come back, after a couple of minutes I finally opened my eyes again and looked around, I wasn't sure where he went but I was told to wait, so I was waiting.
I opened my eyes and looked around slightly, damn did I fall asleep? What time was it?
"Seedy?" I asked.
I didn't get a reply, maybe I didn't fall asleep.
"Seedy?" I asked again as I stood up.
I heard a growl and I quickly turned around, I froze when I saw a feral dog, it was still growling at me as I backed up slightly, I kept my arms out in front of me as I tried to slowly back away, I suddenly backed into something and fell, the dog barked and jumped at me, I kicked the dog as hard as I could and struggled to my feet only to be attacked seconds later, I punched the dog when it bit my arm, I heard a loud growl and the dog was hit from my arm, the dog growled as it turned back to me, it yelped before it ran away, I looked expecting to see Seedy but it wasn't, it was a Kugar, I held my breath as I stared at it, it continued to growl as it slowly started to come over to me, I stared at it as I slowly started backing away, it finally went quiet as it looked at me, it came over to me and stood over me, it was dead silent as it stared at me, I slowly reached up and gently pet it, it wasn't attacking me and was just sitting there silently, that's when I knew I had the same effect on big cats as I did on demestoc cats, I sighed as I leaned my head back slightly.
"Ow..." I breathed.
The Kugar began somewhat licking my face as I sat there looking at my arm, it was shaking and aching, I sighed as I leaned my head back, staring at the sky, I finally started getting up and looked at the cat, I pet it again.
"Thank you." I said, "I need to get home."
I started to get up but the Kugar quickly laid over me, pinning me to the ground, I sighed as I closed my eyes, I just stayed put until the Kugar moved, I opened my eyes to see Seedy standing over me, he didn't say anything as he grabbed me and cradled me, I just stayed quiet as he started carrying me off, I closed my eyes again as he carried me, I opened my eyes again when I was slightly shook, we were right in front of the door so I knew he was asking me to open the door since he couldn't, so I just opened the door for him, he carried me inside and took me to the infirmary, I was sat down on a bed and he hunkered down next to me.
"Thanks, Seedy." I rubbed his head slightly, "I'll make sure I get fixed up, go outside before you get in trouble."
He huffed angrily.
"Seed no leave Jack." He said, "Seed stay."
I sighed.
"Alright, fine." I caved, "You can help me, then."
He nodded slightly as he got up again.
"Over in the cabinet over there, there's a blue bottle, I'll need it." I pointed for him, "I'll also need some bandage wraps."
He began walking off as I took my hoodie off, I began looking at my arm quietly, it was still bleeding quite heavily and I was biding along with the pain, Seedy came back over and set the bottle and bandages on my lap, I opened the disinfectant and poured it over my hand before I wrapped my arm up, once I was done I began checking my stomach just to make sure, I didn't have any marks on it and I made sure the dog didn't get it, I sighed as I looked at Seedy again.
"I need to go to bed." I said.
He gently picked me up again and began carrying me upstairs, I just let him carry me, after a minute we reached the bedroom door, I opened the door and he took me over to my bed, I could see Toby was asleep in his bed, he moved as Seedy set me in my bed.
"Thanks." I whispered to him.
He just laid on the floor next to the bed, I heard Toby move more and I looked over at him, he was sitting up and rubbing his eyes, he looked over at me with hazy eyes.
"Jack...?" He asked quietly.
"Yeah, it's me." I replied.
He rubbed his eyes more as he hung his legs off the side of the bed, he looked up at me again and immediately looked horrified.
"Oh god!" He stood up quickly.
"It's fine, I'm fine." I assured him, "I got attacked by a dog, but I'm fine."
He came over quickly and sat next to me, quickly grabbing my arm and somewhat looking at it.
"I'm fine." I assured him, "The baby's fine, I'm fine, it's okay."
He sighed as he leaned against me.
"I know, I was scared too." I said, "But everything's fine right now."
He looked up at me again, I gently kissed his face.
"Everything's going to be just fine."