1: Music and New Roommates

Alexander Hamilton had For No One by the Beatles blasting on repeat in his dorm while working on an essay. The song reminded him of his exe, Elizabeth Schuyler, from high school, and his mother, who died in Nevis when he was twelve. He was so caught up in the song and his work that he didn't hear the door open, or his roommate calling out. He felt a tap on his shoulder, and Alex whipped around, ripping his headphones off.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I was listening to this song and stuff, I didn't hear you! I'm so sorry, I haven't properly introduced myself yet, have I? I'm Alexander Hamilton, and there's a million things I haven't done." The new guy laughed.

"It's fine, Alexander, I get that way with a good song as well. My name is John Laurens." Alexander loved the way this stranger- John- said his name. It seemed to roll off his tongue perfectly. The curly haired man walked over to the beds, taking the unoccupied one and unpacked.

"Do you need help? I can help! I don't mind helping you if you need." Alex rambled. John chuckled, but nodded.
"Sure, I guess, unless you're busy."
"No, not at all. I'll gladly help you!"

After a few minutes of a comfortable silence, John spoke up.

"So, what song were you listening to?"
"For No One, Beatles."
"Ooo, good song. I prefer Revolution if we're going Beatles. Otherwise I listen to AC/DC."

Alex chuckled at this. It was funny to him; he listened to old classics, while his new roommate listened to more modern rock classics.

"What's so funny?"

"I just find it endearing that we have quite opposite tastes in music. In my opinion, of course."

"Quite the opposite." John agreed.