43: The Ceremony Continues

Alexander felt tears spring to his eyes at the sight of his fiance. John was wearing a white tux with a black shirt and baby blue tie. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail, though some curls fell out and framed his face. He looked stunning. He walked down the aisle by himself, eyes trained on Alex.

When he made it to the front, the pastor gave them a cheeky grin before turning to the crowd.

"You may be seated. Now," he cleared his throat, "queerly beloved, we have gathered here today to witness an extremely gay wedding. Hence the two men up here." He smiled. Alex chuckled, John grinning. Throughout the ceremony, the guy put in some jokes that made people laugh.

"And now, if you really love each other, you may kiss the groom."

Alex smiled before hooking his arms around his opposite's neck, pulling the taller one into a deep kiss. The pastor whistled, clapping along with everyone else. "Now, I've been informed Alexander has a special performance. So, someone get the guitar!"

Alex took the guitar from Peggy, who had gotten it from the back.

"John, I've loved you since you walked into the dorm room three years ago. And now, since I'm such a Beatles freak, I'm going to sing you one of their songs."

The crowd let out a few awws before Alexander strummed out a chord. John smiled at him, tears in his eyes.

"If I fell in love with you, would you promise to be true? And help me, understand. 'Cuz I've been in love before, and I found that love was more, than just holding hands. If I give my heart to you, I must be sure, from the very start that you, would love me more than him." John's smile grew as Alexander kept singing to him, a few tears falling down his face. During the second verse, Holly ran up to the stage and hugged John, smiling up at him.

"Why are you crying, Daddy?" She whispered into his arms.

"I'm really happy, Princess. That's why." John replied, kissing her head before returning his attention to Alexander. He smiled at John, still singing.

"If I love you, too. Oh, please, don't hurt my pride like him, 'cuz I couldn't stand the pain. And I, would be sad if our new love was in vain. So, I hope you see, that I would love to love you."

As he finished the song, Alex began to cry. He quickly strummed the last chord and rushed to John, capturing his lips in a kiss. He then engulfed him in a hug, kissing his cheek as Holly giggled. Philip ran up too, hugging Alexander.

"Love you, Papa. Love you, Daddy."

"Love you, too, Pip. I love you, Holly."

The guests clapped, slowly getting up and heading to the foyer for the reception. When the twins ran off, Alex gave John another kiss, cupping his opposite's cheek.

"I love you, Jude." He whispered as they pulled away.

"I love you, Lexi. Now let's go get drunk!"