37: Date Night

• इन्हें समर्पित: xobambii

"You know what to do with children, I'm sure, but we have emergency contacts listed on the fridge," Alex explained to Liam, the babysitter, "And the twins go to bed at around seven. If they get too out of hand, remove one from the scene and return them to their room."

"Alright! Have fun on your date!" Liam replied, smiling.

Alex smiled at him, then hurried back to Holly's room. "Papa and Daddy are leaving, alright? You two be good for Mr Liam."

"O-kay, Papa! Love you!" Philip smiled, hugging Alexander.

"Wuv you Papí." Was Holly's quiet response, her voice muffled as she hugged him.

"I love you both. Be good!" He unhooked himself from their grasp, went over everything with Liam one more time, then hurried out to the car where John was waiting.

"Alright, we're good to go. Pip and Lil love you, by the way."

"Ah, that's good. I was worried they didn't." John said jokingly, starting the car. "Let's not talk about the kids for the rest of the night, though."

"Agreed."

-

John glanced around nervously, feeling very anxious about what he planned on doing later that night. The restaurant they were at was loud, which didn't help.

"Baby, you okay?" John made eye contact with Alexander, nodding.

"I'm fine, I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"How loud it is. It's surprisingly busy for such an expensive place." Alexander shot him a grin, grabbing John's hand under the table.

"If you want to leave, I can think of some other things we can do to pass the time."

John blushed, looking down at his lap. He felt his boyfriend squeeze his hand, reassuring him that it was fine. He locked eyes with Alex, giving him a cocky smile.

"And who'd be in charge of making sure this happens?"

"I dunno, who do want to be in charge?"

"Holly, obviously. She's more organized than Philip is."

-

The couple walked hand in hand down the streets of the outlet the restaurant was in, passing by a pretty fountain. John tugged on Alexander's hand, stopping.

"Baby, can we go sit over there?"

"Sure," he nodded, "it's really pretty at night." The pair headed towards it, sitting on the edge. John felt butterflies in his stomach, knowing that this was the perfect moment.

"Hey, Lexi?"

"Yeah?"

"I...need to ask you something." Alex looked at John, a confused expression on his face.

"Of course, baby, what's up?"

"Alex...you're amazing. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, besides the twins. I've loved the three years we've known each other, and I've absolutely enjoyed being your boyfriend. But-"

"Are you breaking up with me? What did I do? Whatever I did, I'm so sorry, and I can be better, I promise! What-"

"Alexander, will you marry me?" John took the ring out of his pocket, presenting it to his boyfriend.

-
Hi, Liam is the OC

Opposites | Lams |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें