12: Eliza

Alexander was listening to Help! by the Beatles. He started humming along, oblivious to the world around him. He felt a tug on his shoulder, and he turned to see Peggy.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, taking his headphones off.

"Well... Eliza needs you. She said you weren't picking up or responding so I came." She said, walking back towards the door. "Let's go back."

Alex followed, and the two went to the Schuyler dorm. It was three floors below his. Peggy insisted they took the stairs, 'for exercise'. Once they made it to the room, Peggy opened the door, revealing a crying Eliza.

"Oh, Pegs, I thought you left me for good!" She whimpered, getting up to hug her younger sister. "Oh, Alexander! I'm so glad you could come!" She guided him to the couch, where they sat and talked.

"So, Eliza, what do you plan on doing with the baby, since you said you didn't want it?" Alexander questioned.

"Oh... I'm still not sure. It's too late to have an abortion safely (idk), but I'd like to put it in foster or something. Would... would you and John take care of it?"

Alexander's eyes widened. He hadn't thought about the option of taking care of Eliza's kid.

"I mean, I'd obviously have to talk with John, but I'd be down for taking care of it. Do you know the gender?"

"I go for the appointment on Friday."

Alex left after a few hours, still processing information. When he got to his dorm, he noticed John was back.

"Jude, we need to talk."