46: Movie Night

"Papa! I missed you and Daddy!" Holly exclaimed as John and I walked into the apartment.

"Hi, Princess! How are you? Did you sleep well last night?" I asked, picking her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. "I sleep good! An' I feel good today, too!"

"That's great, Princess." I set her down and she ran and hugged John. I smiled, then saw Philip run down the hall. "Papa! Daddy!"

"Hey, baby! I missed you!" I picked him up and carefully slung him over my shoulder. He giggled, slapping my back. "I missed you, Papa!" He laughed. I set him on the ground again and he went and attacked John with hugs and kisses. I took Holly with me to the living room, where I paid Liam and showed him out the door.

"Alright, Pip and Lily. What movie should we watch?" John asked, coming into the living room.

"Can we watch Mulan? Pwetty please!" Philip clapped his hands.

"I wanna watch a superhero movie!"

"Mulan!"

"Superhero!"

"Mulan!"

"Alright, alright. Let's watch Toy Story or something else instead." John butted in.

"Fine, Daddy." Philip pouted. Holly didn't look excited either, but they both curled up next to John on the couch. Holly sat in his lap, head resting on his chest, while Pip was on his right , curled into his side. I smiled at them.

"Do you guys want some popcorn?" I asked. Pip eagerly nodded, as did Holly.

"Alright."

I went to the kitchen and started the microwavable popcorn. I leaned against the counter, thinking about Philip and Holly and John. I was so happy to have a family, and even though it was a challenge at times, it was all worth it in the end.

I set the popcorn down on the coffee table in front of the couch and sat on John's left side. I laid my head on his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you, Alexander. My husband." He whispered into my hair.

"I love you, too, John. My husband." I kissed his cheek.

And all was well.