20: Boxes

When Alexander found John, his world stopped, and even though it sounds cliche, it's true. He had taken John to the hospital in his own car, praying to whatever God there was that he wouldn't bleed out and die.

Once he had gotten to the hospital, John was immediately whisked away by nurses, which left Alexander alone, pacing the lobby. He didn't get information about John for seven hours. When he was able to see John, they conversed, and...kissed. And that was when Alexander realized how much he missed it.

After a few days in the hospital, John was released and could return to his life. He and Alexander had made up, but weren't dating again. They were, however, on more than friends terms. They'd flirt and give quick kisses on the cheek, but never anything more.

They had been hanging out with Eliza more often. She was already five months along and was definitely showing. The guy that had gotten her pregnant had reached out and given her around $2000 for the babies, and she had given the check to John and Alex to hang onto. The pair was ecstatic about the babies arriving soon, and had been looking at apartments to move into.

They had agreed on a modern, three room apartment about twenty minutes from the college. (Really quick, before y'all go crazy that they're moving in together, they were already roommates, so oh well. Also, they gonna be taking care of babies now, so yeah. They needed a new place.) The two had talked about it with the people at the main office, and they were clear to leave.

"Juuude, I need help with this box!" John sighed, walking over to Alexander.

"Lexi, that's two boxes, you can't get them?" It was then that John was pushed against the box tower, a devious grin on his short roommate's face.

"Lex.."

"What?"

John's response was muffled by Alex's lips on his. John kissed back, moving his hands to his waist, completely forgetting their grudge. They kept at it, Alexander biting John's lip, asking for entry, which was granted to him. As the kiss got more intense, the pair had moved to the couch, more comfortable with the new position.

Alexander slid his hands under John's shirt, roaming the skin that was hidden. It was when he went to pull off the shirt that he realized what he was doing and pulled away.

"John, we...we shouldn't continue. Not right now."

"Yeah. Not right now." John panted. He allowed Alex to lay on his chest, and the two fell asleep cuddled together.