44: The Ceremony Ends

"Ayyy, Alexander!" Hercules slapped Alex on the back, obviously drunk. "Hey, Herc." Alex replied.

"Where 're Pip and Holly?"

"We had Pegs drop them off at our apartment with the babysitter."

"Ah." Herc stumbled off, leaving Alexander to find his husband in the crowd of people. He saw Maria in the corner with a wine in her hand, standing alone and observing the mess of people. Alex fought his way through the reception, sidling up to her.

"Hey," She turned and looked at him.

"Hello." Maria replied, taking a sip of her wine. "Nice wedding. It's about time you guys got married."

"Heh, yeah. Now we wait for Laf and Herc to get engaged. And you and Peggy to get together." Alex chuckled. Maria choked, her face turning a dark red.

"Uh- um. I'm pretty sure Peggy hates me since I just push Stephen at her, um, I need more wine, bye!" She pushed her way through the throng of people, Alex still laughing at her reaction.

He spotted John a few tables down and walked over, sneaking behind him.

"Hey, sexy, you available?" Alex whispered into John's ear, causing the latter to whip his head around. "Alex.."

"I'm sorry, I had too. Love you, Jude."

"Love you, too, Lexi. Maybe tonight I'll be free. I have to make sure the babysitter is doing okay with my kids, first. Sorry if that's a turn off, me having kids." John said, smirking at Alexander.

"Quite the opposite, actually, I think it's quite sexy." He grinned, watching as John's face turned pink. "C'mon, you want to go home? Half these people are drunk out of their minds, and the other half doesn't give a shit." Alex grabbed John's hand and the two slipped out of the foyer and into the night, the crisp air nipping at their cheeks.

"I love you, husband." John sighed.

"I love you as well, my bride." This earned Alex a light slap on the shoulder.

"I'm sorry, baby."

"It's fine, love." As they neared their car, John lightly tugged on Alexander's hand.

"Don't get in yet."

"Why? What a-" He was cut of by John's lips. It was a light, passionate kiss until John pushed Alex against the car, biting on his lower lip. Alex gasped at the feeling, giving John a chance to slip his tongue into his mouth. He roamed Alex's mouth, taking in the feeling. The shorter brushed his tongue on John's lips, causing him to give a light moan.

"Baby," John whispered as they pulled away for air. "Yes, love?"

"Let's get Liam to watch the kids for the night. We'll get a hotel room."