13: Surprise Reprise

Eliza's POV

"Hello, Eliza. I'm Martha. I'll be doing your ultrasound today to see how the baby is doing. Are you going to want to know the gender?"

"Oh, yes please." I respond. She nodded, and then spread this cool gel on my stomach. (I dont know how this works, the only one I've seen or been to was nine years ago for my sister). The picture showed up on the screen, and Martha gasped. I took a better look, and gasped too.

"My God.. there's two." I whispered. She nodded, and proceeded to move the scanner thing on my stomach, making sure the baby- babies- were healthy.

"Alright, Eliza. One is a boy...and the other is a girl! Congratulations!"

-

Third Person

"Oh my God, Lexi, I'd love to have the kid! It'd be so wonderful! Of course, paperwork would be a pain in the ass, but it would be so fun to have a baby!" Alexander was pleased to hear John was down to help Eliza with the baby. He wanted to help her as much as he could, and offering to take the child was a big assistance for her.

There was a knock on the door.

Alexander opened it, and saw Eliza standing there.

"Alex, John. I have to tell you guys something." She said, pushing past Alexander, into the dorm. She sat on the arm chair, and Alex sat on the couch next to John.

"Hey, Lizzie, what's up?" John asked.

"I had the gender appointment today, right? For the baby? Yeah. There's two babies. Twins. One's a boy, the other's a girl." She spat out. She sounded upset about it, while John was overjoyed.

"Two? That's amazing! Lexi, we can take care of two babies! A boy and a girl! We can go shopping with the sisters for the girl, and you and I can take the boy out to the park and teach him baseball, oh, Alexander, just imagine!" Alex chuckled.

He loved the fact that John was this excited about their potential future.