28: Comfort

Peggy sat next to Eliza, trying her best to comfort her sister.

"Liz, it's okay. Just because they expect the babies to be premature, doesn't mean they won't be okay." She hugged her sister's shoulders, kissing her cheek.

"Lizzie, I'm sure they'll be just fine. Alright? When they get here, imagine how much fun it'll be to hand them off to Johnny and Lex! They'll have nightmares about all the work the twins are!" She felt Eliza giggle, making her feel better.

"I'm just afraid. I don't want to have it be some tragic birth story, I just want it to be normal. I want to move on with life, get my old one back. I want to be skinny again, I want to be able to drink alcohol, I want to be able to get a date! Everyone judged me when they see me. I'm sick and tired of it, Peggy. I'm done." Eliza sat back up, wiping her eyes.

"Thank you for listening, and comforting me. I'll be back soon, alright?" She slid her shoes on.

"'Aight, Liz. I love you so much."

"Love you, too."

-

Eliza stepped off the train, breathing in the disgusting air of the subway. She waddled her way out, being blinded by the sun. She walked down the streets of New York, taking in all the sights and sounds and people. She liked looking at people and coming up with a story about them. Where they're going, what they're doing, stuff like that. She often found it relaxing, and tried to do it when she found her anxiety getting a bit unbearable.

She stopped at a cafe, finding a corner booth to rest at. She looked up, and saw a beautiful young woman with red lipstick staring at her from across the store. Not a judgmental stare. A kind, curious stare.

And boy, did it make Eliza blush.