50: All Was Well.

"C'mon, love. I really want you to meet him. He'll love you, I know he will." Holly Laurens dragged her boyfriend, Quincy, after her as they got out of the car. "There's no need to feel nervous, okay? He's really nice, he'll love you." She slowed her pace as they neared the gates. She turned to Quincy, giving him a small smile.

"I love you. With all my heart. I know Dad will, too."

"Holly, I love you so much. I'm honoured to be meeting your Dad." The curly haired male stooped down, pressing a light kiss against his girlfriend's lips. "Are you ready, darling?" Holly opened the gates, slowly stepping onto the property. As they maneuvered through all the tombstones and graves, Quincy couldn't help but get anxious. He was meeting his girlfriend's dad, after all. He made eye contact with Holly as their pace slowed, a weak grin plastered on his face. They stopped in front of a modest grey stone, beautiful flowers adorning the top of it.

Here Lies John Laurens

Beloved father, brother, husband, and friend.

Quincy felt tears form as he stared at the gravestone. His angel stood in front of her father, right hand intertwined with his, left in her hair, gently brushing through it. "Dad?"

//

Philip grinned at his phone, a blush creeping up his face. His boyfriend knew exactly what to say, even through text, to get him flustered. He quickly typed out a response and sent it before standing from his spot on the train. He exited onto the platform, humming along to his music as he rushed up the stairs. He quickly made his way to his apartment, an extra bounce in his step. He opened the door and was greeted by Charles, his tabby cat. "Hey, bubba. You hungry?" He smiled at the feline before locking the apartment door, walking into his kitchen. 

"I gotcha, bro." He grabbed the bag of food from the cabinet above the sink, pouring some out into a bowl before putting it on the ground for Charles. He then pulled out his phone, leaning against the sink as he texted with his boyfriend some more. All was well.

//

Alexander stared up into the eyes of his lover. The beautiful, loving green eyes stared right back. It was a beautiful picture, but what always confused Alexander was why his eyes held no emotion. His John's eyes always told a story, no matter what the circumstances were. He sighed.

"I miss you, darling."

He held a shaky hand up to his face, running it gently down his cheek. "I miss you so much. But, I'll be there with you soon. Soon, darling." Alexander gave a little smile before slowly sitting himself up in bed. He carefully placed a foot onto the ground, gently pushing himself off the bed. He stood, taking a few steps forward to his dresser. He took his old phone and opened it, going straight to his music app. After searching through it for a bit, he found exactly what he was looking for.

He pressed play and set it down before making his way back to his bed, lying down as the soft rock flooded the room.

For No One, by the Beatles, was the last thing Alexander Hamilton heard before leaving to be with his dear John Laurens.

All was well.

The End.