29: Hospital

Alex was woken up in the middle of the night by his phone ringing. He picked it up, barely awake.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Alex. Eliza is in labour and wanted you and John to come down to the hospital. The birth shouldn't be anytime soon." Angie explained.

"Wha..?"

"Hospital. Wake up John, alright?"

"Mhm. Bye."

"Bye."

Alex turned over.

"Juude, wake up. We have to go to the hospital, I think? That's what Angie said on the phone." He saw John slowly wake up. "Hospital." With that, John shot up.

"Is Eliza okay? Do we need to get changed? Yeah, lemme get changed!" He rushed around their room, changing. Alex slowly followed suit, throwing his hair up into a ponytail after getting into a sweatshirt.

-

"I need coffee, Jude."

"I know, Lexi, we'll get you some after we check on Liza."

"Buuu~"

"I know, I know. Soon."

John pulled into the hospital parking lot, and the two hurried inside.

"Hi, Eliza Schuyler?"

"Sure. Right this way." A nurse with dark hair led them down a hallway, stopping at the last door on the right. "Here you are!"

Alex gripped John's hand as they stepped inside. They saw Eliza on a hospital bed, in obvious discomfort, with Angelica by her side.

"Heyyy, Lizzie. How are you feeling?" John asked gently.

"I have to go get a c-section, they're going to rip my stomach apart to get the babies out." She grunted.

"The doctors also said they'll have to spend some time in the NICU since they're premature." Angie added.

John nodded, then led Alex to one of the chairs in the corner.

"Stay here, Lexi. I'm going to go get you coffee, alright?" Alexander gave a small smile in response, and John left.

-

When John returned with coffee, there were nurses in the room. He carefully slid around them, finding Alex still in the corner.

"Here," he handed him the coffee, "what's going on?"

"They're taking her back for a c-section now." Alex practically inhaled his coffee, the entire thing gone within seconds.

The nurses left with Eliza, leaving John, Alex, and Angelica in the room.

"Um...what now?"

-

Flat ending, I'm sorry. At long last we have the arrival of the babies. We've known since chapter 6, it's taken this long, lmao. Next chapter we'll meet Baby 1 and Baby 2, I guess