42: The Ceremony Begins

"Papa! You look pretty!" Alexander turned to see Holly in her little flower girl dress. She looked like a princess in it, the flowy fabric gave the dress a royalty feel. He grinned at her, stooping to look her in the eye.

"And you look like a princess!" He booped her nose.

"Thank you, Papa! An' Pip looks pretty too!"

"Does he? Have you seen Dad yet?"

"He does! And Aunt Peggy didn't let me see Daddy yet." Holly rambled, pulling on her dress sleeves. "I think the wedding will be perfect, Papa. I love you!"

"I love you, too, Holly. Go hang out with Stephen, Aunt Peggy, and Aunt Maria, alright? Dad and I will be out for the wedding soon!"

"Okay! Bye, Papa!" Holly bounced off, waving to everyone that was getting ready for the wedding.

Alex sighed to himself. He was ecstatic for his wedding, but he was a bit nervous. It had been a year since John proposed, but money had been tight-and still was- so it had been put off. And now Alexander was prepping himself for the actual ceremony.

He stared into the mirror, studying his reflection. He had his hair pulled back into what had been a neat bun, but some pieces in the front had fallen out. The bags under his eyes had been slightly concealed with makeup, but Peggy had claimed they were too dark to cover fully.

He turned and walked down the hallway, waving to Herc, who was taking role of flower girl with Holly. He saw Philip further down the hall and rushed to him, picking him up and swinging him around in the air.

"Wheee! Hi, Papa!" Philip squealed.

"Hey, baby. You excited for Dad and I's wedding?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! Lil said you looked pretty, an' you are!" Alex laughed, setting his son down. "Thank you, Pippy. I think it'll be starting soon, can you go find Laf and get ready?"

"Okay! Love you, Papa!" Philip ran down the hall, heading towards where John, Laf, and Peggy were.

Alex went up to Herc. "It's starting soon, right?"

"Yep. Good luck. You might wanna go in now." Herc smiled. "Holly's really excited."
"I will. And I'm glad she is. Pip was, too."

Alex strode down the halls, walking into the main part of the church. He slowly walked down the aisle to the front, surprised at the amount of people there.

He met the pastor at the front, giving him a firm handshake. Alex turned to face the crowd and gave a little wave, then proceeded to gather all of his thoughts. He was about to marry his college roommate. His opposite, who was nothing like him.

Laf and Peggy walked down the aisle, followed by Maria, who walked by herself. Alex knew she did that because Eliza would've been there. Herc and Holly threw flowers down the aisle, Hercules looking extremely happy. There were a few chuckles from the crowd, as well as some 'aww's. Philip strut down the aisle holding hands with Angelica. That surprised Alex, he hadn't seen her since she moved uptown. He smiled at them, his heart melting at the crooked smile his son gave him.

People began to stand, and the doors opened once more.