34: Bridge

Eliza blushed as Maria took her hand, a firm grip, she thought. The woman had a beautiful figure, almost a perfect hourglass. She had a waterfall of dark, wavy curls that traveled down her front, and gorgeous ocean eyes, even if the colour was hazel. Her plump lips weren't coated in makeup, neither was the rest of her face, she noted.

Maria dropped her hand, and Eliza refocused her attention on Philip. He had his eyes closed, leaning his head against her breast.

"Holy crap." Maria whispered. "He's your baby?"

"Yeah, he has a twin sister, Holly." She grinned at Maria's expression, giggling when she bounced after Alex to grab Holly.

"Hey, Pip, isn't Miss Maria a cutie?" Eliza whispered. She kissed his head, the hair he had tickling her chin. She sat back down on the couch, subtly rocking the baby back and forth. Maria and Alex returned with Holly, the former holding her.

The three chatted throughout the course of the day, and Eliza's crush grew larger with every word that escaped from Maria's perfect lips.

- ⚠️

A week later, Eliza was sitting on the rail, her legs dangling from it.

She swung them back and forth, back and forth. Like a pendulum. She sat for what seemed like hours, but in reality was only a few minutes.

Eliza thought about what a horrid turn her life had taken after she met James. How she had been abused, his personal sex slave. His toy. Once she had gotten pregnant, she was "dumped" and kicked out.

You're such a slut! All you're good for is sex!

You deserve the cuts and bruises, they make you prettier.

You should just die, Elizabeth. Just. Die.

She pushed with her arms, sliding her body off the rail, and plummeted off the bridge.