24: Les Mis

A week had passed since Alex and John had moved into their apartment. Eliza was still doing well, and the babies were healthy. The pair had been out after classes with friends, and had gone on a few dates.

"Hey, Lexi?" John asked, playing with Alexander's hair while they cuddled on the couch.

"Hm?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Alex looked up at John.

"Of course I will, Jude. Will you be mine?"

"Without a doubt." Alex leaned up, his lips meeting John's in a gentle kiss. It was a perfect one; no lust behind it, no sexual undertones to it. It was just a kiss that showed love.

They pulled apart, and went back to the movie, Les Misérables. Alexander adored  the movie, while John couldn't care less.

"Red, I feel my soul on fire!" John heard Alex quietly singing along to himself. "Black, my world if he's not there. Red, the colour of desire, black, the colour of despair~"

"Did you say 'he'?" John whispered. Alex looked back up at him.

"Heh..you heard wrong. I wasn't even singing!" He blushed, turning back to the TV. John smiled to himself, and kept playing with Alexander's hair.

-

"Why would they do that to a kid?" Alex whimpered. "He was just proud of what he believed!" He curled onto John's lap, bawling his eyes out.

"I'm sorry they shot him, Lexi. You already knew it happened, though."

"Yes, b-but it's even worse w-when you know it happens!" John chuckled, snuggling Alex closer to his chest. "It's alright, Lexi. It's okay."

-

"WHY DOES THE END MAKE ME CRY?"

Alex was crying more than he was before, and it was making John laugh. He found it adorable that his boyfriend was so touched by the movie.

"It's alright, Lexi, okay? It's happy!" He said, hugging Alex. "O-okay." He sniffled.

"Want to watch Mean Girls, Lexi? Will that make you feel better?"

"Yes. Thank you, Judy."