prologue

IT WAS THE SAME THING EVERY TIME. "Music isn't a career, Min Yoongi, you should find yourself a stable job when you're older,"  It was practically a saying in his house hold, in the same way someone might say, 'don't count your chicks before they've hatched,' or 'careful what you wish for'. Min Yoongi had heard it a million times since he had shown an interest in music, and nothing he did could change his parents mind. They were convinced that he wasn't going to get anywhere in the music industry, and that when the time came, he should study law or medicine, or even business. Something that will be useful to him in the future. But Yoongi didn't want to study law or medicine or business. Music had stolen his heart, and would forever have it. Yoongi's passion for music consumed him as he got older, and while he loved it with his whole heart, it did hurt that he never seemed to have his parents approval. No matter how hard he tried or how good he was, they never liked it. His mother thought it was a waste of time, as did his father, and they figured he could be doing something more useful with his time. He was an intelligent boy,and could easily get into a prestigious university. He could find a stable job and support himself. The only time they showed any interest was when Yoongi could entertain guests at family functions by playing the piano for them. They could boast about how talented he was those nights, but it was all for show, because deep down inside, Yoongi knew they would never approve. Despite the act (and he would never admit this to anyone), those nights where his parents would ask him to play for family made him proud, because at least, his parents thought he was good enough to play for others, and not just for himself. And for his whole life, that was enough for him.

In the same way that his mother would tell him, "Music isn't a career, Min Yoongi, you should find yourself a stable job when you're older,"  Yoongi had developed his own little saying for himself when he felt like maybe his parents were right.

"I'll show you,"

x

FOR PARK JIMIN, DANCING WAS LIKE BREATHING. For him, it was second nature. He could do this in his sleep. Dancing was his life, and he didn't know what he would do if he couldn't dance. He didn't limit himself either. Jimin was the type of person to try anything and everything, because how do you know if you don't like something unless you try it? He did everything from ballet to hip hop, and fell in love with several forms of dance. By the time he was eleven years old, Jimin had been able to narrow down his favourite types of dance. He thoroughly enjoyed contemporary and ballet, loving how graceful and calming it could be, but loved the rawness of hip hop. It was hard for him to pick a favourite.

So he did them all. Ballet on weekends, Contemporary every other Wednesdays and Fridays, and Hip Hop every Monday and Thursday. When he wasn't in school studying, he was in the studio dancing, and when he wasn't in the studio dancing, well, he was still dancing. For Jimin, dancing was everything, and he felt incomplete without it. He couldn't imagine his life without it. When people asked him what he wanted to do with his life, dance would always be the answer. Of course, there were those who were doubtful.It wasn't that his parents weren't supportive, but they worried. Jimin was the kind of kid who was easily hurt by criticism, and they weren't so sure that Jimin could handle that sort of pressure. Dance was strict and competitive and mean, and they didn't want to see him get hurt. And of course, Jimin was the type of person to prove others wrong. If they told him he couldn't, he almost always proved them wrong.

"I'll show you,"  he'd tell them. "Just you watch,"

third times the charm, eh? (I'm really sorry for all the people that have been reading this and wanting an update, I just didn't like the way that it was going, so I'm rewriting it, and I promise, I'll finish this story, thanks for being patient with me)